Constructive Criticism Needed

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Music Junkie

Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 pm

O.K. I found the chords for the song "Just Remember I Love You" by Firefall. It was off of their album Titled "Luna Sea" from 1977. The chords are a simple Fmaj7 and G6 in the verse sections and then a progression of C G Fmaj7 in the chorus. Very easy, and fun to play. I tried to TAB out the solo, and I was hoping someone would look it over and let me know how good/bad it is. I used Guitar Pro for it and I am still trying to learn the commands. That being said, some of the notation may be wrong. At any rate, I am mostly curious to see if I got close.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?vi ... f134487aed

Thanks,

MJ

Music Junkie

Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

let's try this again. The file formats are a bummer. http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... __Solo.zip

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
let's try this again. The file formats are a bummer. http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... __Solo.zip
Hi This opens as a PDF but I'll have a look no guarantees cos I don't even know the song, so I have to work that out first.

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Chas:

I had tried to upload it as a guitar pro file, but it was too big......

If you listen to the song in the video in the first section of the post, about 1:36 into the song, the solo will start. Very short. Also, please note that I have trouble with guitar pro still and don't know how to write fluently yet.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking a look. Also, if you like, I could e-mail you the guitar pro file. I think I still have your e-mail address from when you sent something to me earlier.

MJ

AndyT

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:41 pm

I'm pretty familiar with the song if you want to email me the GP file.
Check your PM box.

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:14 am

Andy:

Will do. I am at another computer right now, but when I get my laptop out this afternoon, I will pass it your way. Thanks for offering.

MJ

AndyT

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:51 pm

It sounds like you tabbed out the Sax solo and not the guitar part. Nothing wrong with that since the Sax has the lead right there. I think the guitar is just playing the base progression during that. Of course I'm comparing to a live version. I don't have a studio version to listen to.

Music Junkie

Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 am

AndyT wrote:
It sounds like you tabbed out the Sax solo and not the guitar part. Nothing wrong with that since the Sax has the lead right there. I think the guitar is just playing the base progression during that. Of course I';m comparing to a live version. I don't have a studio version to listen to.
If you check out the video link I included earlier, it is for a studio version. The sax is there, but I am pretty sure I hear one guitar playing along with the solo and the other playing the basic Fmaj7 to G6, etc.. That being said, I could be completely wrong as I openly admit my ear is horrible and my transcribing skills are poor. If it is just a sax, was the TAB close minus the bends and things?

Thanks for your help!

MJ

AndyT

Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:38 am

Ok, no wonder it sounded off. The version had a sax in place of the lead guitar.
Your tab is close. I think you got the bends correct but the 10th measure is from left field.

I think you're pretty much right on until the 7th measure.

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:32 am

Music Junkie wrote:
AndyT wrote:
It sounds like you tabbed out the Sax solo and not the guitar part. Nothing wrong with that since the Sax has the lead right there. I think the guitar is just playing the base progression during that. Of course I';m comparing to a live version. I don't have a studio version to listen to.
If you check out the video link I included earlier, it is for a studio version. The sax is there, but I am pretty sure I hear one guitar playing along with the solo and the other playing the basic Fmaj7 to G6, etc.. That being said, I could be completely wrong as I openly admit my ear is horrible and my transcribing skills are poor. If it is just a sax, was the TAB close minus the bends and things?

Thanks for your help!

MJ
From what I've looked at so far its reasonably close, the second bar I think may beincorrect not 100% yet but I think may not be bending. I also think the tempo is slightly guicker not much my counting was nearer 125. BUt I haven't spent enough time comparing it yet with the clip you sent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic