Request for alternative pricing

Feel free to get outside the box here.
sojiro

Tue May 19, 2009 3:41 pm

The TARGET program looks fantastic, and is very reasonably priced for a monthly membership. My problem is that I don't have as much free time to devote to learning new songs. Even with excellent instruction and TAB, it could end up taking me an entire month to learn one new song.

For this reason, I would like to request per-song pricing. If a "song package" containing all the parts in a video plus tab were available for download, I could take as long as I wanted learning that song.

Having two payment options would meet a variety of needs. The monthly membership would benefit people who have a lot of time to learn multiple songs, but people like me with limited time could still learn a few songs without committing to a monthly membership. I suspect that a per-song option would bring in a significant amount of revenue, perhaps more than you think. There are easily five or six songs I'd want to download immediately to work on over the next five or six months, which would mean an instant $30 or so for you (depending on the per-song price).

Please consider offering this alternative pricing option. I suspect there are a LOT of us who would love to benefit from the TARGET program, but are on the fence because our schedules and budget can't allow us to commit to a monthly membership on an ongoing basis.

Thank you.

bosco

Thu May 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation. Is it possible to get a per song price rather then a monthly price.

mcampos

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:41 pm

I second the request.

My time is limited, being able to purchase a video for a desired song would be great.

Thanks.

AndyT

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:57 am

I agree. This would fit my life much better. I simply do not have the time to sit and work on songs. As pointed out above, it might take me a month to learn a song, and even then I have to practice it for another month before it starts to really sound decent.

A per song pricing would go far I bet.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:32 pm

I suggested this same thing to Neil before, but he didn't reply...:(

buddy

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Don't worry we read and discuss all forum topics. You are not being ignored but we are not ready to address this in the forum at this time. Stay tuned.

frybaby

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 pm

I am staying tuned! My 2cents.... it's a idea whos time has come.

Desmond

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:31 pm

I know this may not be the most popular stance but I think that the program is pretty good as it is. If DVD's or downloads were sold, it is my belief that they would start popping up all over the file sharing networks and free video sites, which would devalue the membership, and probably cause a decline in the number of members. The TG guys work hard for all of us, and I hope that we can all agree that they deserve to get paid for their hard work. I think the two main options for generating income online are via membership or by selling ads. I for one would much rather pay a monthly fee than have to deal with all the stupid ads.

Keep up the good work!
-D

BigBear

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Desmond wrote:
I know this may not be the most popular stance but I think that the program is pretty good as it is. If DVD's or downloads were sold, it is my belief that they would start popping up all over the file sharing networks and free video sites, which would devalue the membership, and probably cause a decline in the number members. The TG guys work hard for all of us, and I hope that we can all agree that they deserve to get paid for their hard work. The two main options for generating income online is via membership or by selling ads. I for one would much rather pay a monthly fee than have to deal with all the stupid ads.

Keep up the good work
-D
Here, here! Right on Desmond! I think all of us wish that we didn't have to pay for TARGET or that we could pick and choose which songs we wanted to buy. Or that we could get the songs free through some sort of file sharing arrangement. I'd suggest that a guy that can put this quality of site together and get this many people participating in TARGET and the forums is no idiot!

The bottom line is Neil and friends have created, IMHO, a very valauble product that he's invested heavily in the creation and marketing of. If you want his product you pay his price and accept his terms. If you don't, buy the product somewhere else (oh, a similar product doesn't exist in the marketplace you say? Really?). Folks, that's the most basic Economics 101 Supply and Demand there is.

If Neil's potential subscribers don't join or don't want to pay his price he can change the price or the program or market more. But it's HIS product, to do with what he pleases. He could charge a $1000 per month and then we'd all have to decide if it was worth it.

For me, $20/mo is less than a half hour of guitar teacher time. That's a screaming deeal in my book for the song selection and the quality of each song study.

Let's put an end to this constant whining about paying per song or cherry picking the site. It's getting really tiresome! You want this quality for free? Put up your hard earned coins or shut up!!

mcampos

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:25 pm

I do not see anyone in this thread asking to get the product for free, all we are doing is asking if Neil is willing to sell his product in an alternative way. The last time I looked asking is not a crime.

I am a computer programmer and have been self employed for 21 years, I value people's work and have no problem paying for it. I take issue when someone steals my programs, I do not steal anyone's intellectual property.

Neil has a choice of saying yes or not, nothing lost in asking, no need to get snappy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic