Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Thu May 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Everyone needs to read the stuff on this site:

http://www.joplinandsweeney.com/index.html

Lizzy's story is very very touching

rcsnydley

Fri May 29, 2009 10:14 am

I have a daughter about Lizzie's age and I can't imagine going through what they went through when she was twelve. It sounds like they have plenty of family and good friends for love and support.

Great story, a must read.

Ric

chacho

Fri May 29, 2009 9:42 pm

I read Lizzie's story last year and that prompted me to get back in touch with Neil after all these years. I shared with him the story of my second son, Max. Max was born with TGA (Transposition of the Great Arteries--meaning his two main arteries were switched as he developed in utero). They used to call this "Blue Boy Syndrome" and until recently nothing could be done about it. The child with the defect would only live a few days before his heart would be unable to pump enough oxygenated blood. Max had open heart surgery at 2 days old and spent 10 days in neo-natal intensive care. When we brought him home (finally!) we had to feed him through a tube for a couple of weeks.

I'm happy to say that every EKG he's had since then (he's 5 years old now) has been good. His milestones and social development were delayed but the doctors tell us he will catch up--and is already! He begins Kindergarten this Fall!!

It is a helpless feeling as a parent to know there's nothing you can do for your child.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic