Lesson Video Format

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Dear Forum Folks,
Like many of you I find this site one of if not the best guitar lesson site available.

As a late comer to computer and the latest technology I find the site somewhat intimidating and a little over the top, but then I still have problems with my PEZ candy dispenser.

Nonetheless in reviewing forum comments on the sites video format, I have found one I like much better, perhaps some of video techniques can be incorporated here.

map4242

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 pm

I've just watched several of the videos from that site.
It appears to be a collection of different instructors and video formats, so I can't really tell what you liked there by comparison to Totally Guitars.

The only thing consistent between them was the "Smart Player" for watching the videos. While it provides the ability to slo-mo the video and zoom in, none of the videos were high enough quality to take advantage of those features as they were quite blurry, especially when played full screen.

Most of the videos I saw are quite short; only covering a lick or riff. I don't intend to watch anymore of them since they make you wait through a commercial to see each video, plus some have pop up adds that cover the lesson video.

IMHO, Neil's videos are consistently higher quality in lesson content, video quality and video format.

Mark

qca_99

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:32 pm

I would like to see the different segments of each lesson better described in the title. Each time I go back to find the play along, I have to sometime go through a couple of segments to find what I want.

AndyT

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:28 pm

The lesson notes should tell you which video has the play-along section.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic