'Ask Neil' suggestions

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AcousticAl

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:35 am

Hey there,

I just used the 'Ask Neil' section for the first time. I'm just starting to get my head around it and know that it will be useful the more I, and other people use it. However, the potential is there for this to just be a huge unorganized bucket that useful info gets lost in.

- Everyone is at different levels and has different questions for Neil. There are already 10 pages of questions- and I'm sure it's growing by the day. Someone might have already asked something I'm asking and I have no way of knowing without searching through 10 pages of comments. Is there a better way to organize it? By level? By category (beginner question/int. question etc.) Maybe Ask Neil could have it's own 'search' button? I don't know- just riffin' ideas.

- Second is I'm sure more people will use the 'upload video' option as they become more familiar with the site. Is it true that there's only 1 person that has done this so far?? Once that gets more popular, I'd like to see other people's videos listed separately so I can go there and see them all- not have to wade through all the text questions as well.

- Lastly, it's tough to know if Neil has responded to the question- or if it's another member commenting on the question. All that's there right now is a 'comment' button with the number of responses beside it. Can this be tweaked to know if Neil has answered yet or not?

Food for thought from a fan.

Al

jjohnson63

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Al,

Thanks for the thoughts. We are working on a better way for this component to work. We will probably be taking it out of the TARGET section and keeping it all in the Forum for TARGET members.

Generally, when I answer a question from the Ask Neil TARGET section I post it in the Forum, especially if it is something that I think many people will find useful.

Neil

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks for getting back to me..

Now I think I'm losing my mind though. I can't seem to find my 'Ask neil' question on the site anymore. Guess I'll search some more- If I don't see it, I'll repost it.
I'm finding it a bit tough to navigate the Ask Neil area so I guess it's good you're revamping it.

Al

drh

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Second attempt: Takes a lot of patience to try and find somewhere to ask a question.

Neil, you said you would publish the next section of The Sage. The part that follows Last verse on page 2.

Please ???? I love this piece.

DRH from downunder
NZ

AcousticAl

Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Hey DRH,

There's actually quite a few places you can post a question or request that Neil and his team can see. The trick is finding the right place, I guess.

It's been a while since I posted this thread- and the 'Ask Neil' section has changed quite a bit. There is now a forum where TARGET members can post their questions for Neil and everyone can see his responses, as well as comment themselves.

If you're wanting to request a song, there is a 'Recommend a Lesson' category for non-members in the Forum.

The TG guys do follow all of these threads though, rest assured.

Al

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic