Connection to Totallyguitars.com

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Lavallee

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 pm

I can not longer connect on the totallyguitar.com site with internet Explorer while I did until earlier this week (since the beginning of target). I cleared the cookies without success. So here is the message from IE7. I installed Firefox, it worked for a few days, now I starting to get the same thing. see the message after. I can still connect with Firefox (have to try 2-3 times) but something seems to be building up and it blocks the access.

User name Lavallee
[email protected]

---------------------------
Windows Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.totallyguitars.com/.

Operation aborted

OK

Address Not Found

www.totallyguitars.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of

"www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

steve36

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi
I get the problem at work, PC uses IE6, the cannot open page:dry: message comes up but I can see the site and Neil playing the video behind this message.

I can open the forum page though by typing the address in the address bar
Steve:dry:

Lavallee

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:31 am

Just notice something interesting. Even though I cleared the cookies in IE7, I still could not get on the site. I was using the bookmark rather than typing the address. Actually I tried to type the address sometimes but it still did not work. Until I delete the bookmarks linked to the site. Now it works fine. It seems that bookmarks can get corrupted.

Marc

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 am

I used to use IE7 and had a few issues not only with TG but other sites as well. I now use Firefox and must say I've never expereienced the problems some of you guys have. However, at certain times of the day my ISP seems to overload or something and I just can't get on the net at all frustrating sometimes. I also use a programme to clear the PC of unwanted files and cookies etc which is scheduled to run on start up.

Lavallee

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:04 am

steve36 wrote:
Hi
I get the problem at work, PC uses IE6, the cannot open page:dry: message comes up but I can see the site and Neil playing the video behind this message.

I can open the forum page though by typing the address in the address bar
Steve:dry:
Me too. But it was just this last week. It seems to be OK now...

jim56

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:23 am

Found this info on that error which I was also getting . I installed Firefox browser.

Check your third party addons. Skype has addons in particular causes a slew of these errors (I just spent 2 hours trying to fix my code when in fact, it was Skype causing the IE problem). Try this:

Problem: Operation Aborted error in Internet Explorer

Solution: In IE, Click Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced Tab and then uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"... after you uncheck that option, restart your browser and try to cause the error. If the error goes away, it was an add-on. Now, once you know it is an add-on you can reanble add-ons and then disable them one by one in Tools -> Manage Addons to find the offending culprit. Specifically in my case it was a Skype plugin was causing this problem (probably the one that parses for phone numbers... I suspect that it started to parse before the page was loaded and hit a unhandled null exception on the DOM, just my theory though.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums ... 5660921f8/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic