Currency/Denomination

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 pm

You wouldn't happen to know exactly where in NZ he is going, Whilst its not a big place only 4+ million people, we are spread over two islands. And you never know your friend may just be visiting a town nearby

rcsnydley

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 am

I don't, Chas, but I'll drop him an email and find out.

Keep Playing
Ric

rcsnydley

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:59 am

Chas - his son attends the Univ. of Otago in Dunedin, that's their first stop. Then travel to the Fiordlands, then follow the west coast to the north end of the South Island (Nelson, Abel Tasman, etc), then to the North Island. Fly back out of Auckland.

Keep Playing
Ric

rcsnydley

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:01 am

Chas - I just Google mapped NZ. If you don't mind me asking where do you live? Also, what is the weather like there?

Keep Playing
Ric

Chasplaya

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm

I live in the North Island of NZ in a small town called Feilding (yep it is spelt that way) largest town/city nearby is Palmerston North on one side and Wanganui (Wong- Ga- Nuuee) on the other.

At present it is Winter so its cold... Some places in NZ have snow and the Ski fields are just opening. Where we are its milder and snow is rare temps at present go from -1 overnight to mid teens through the day, other places get much colder overnight. Summer can go up to 30+ even 40 celcius. Where we are in summer it sits round the mid to high 20's.

Chasplaya

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Sorry Ric missed your post about Otago, now thats a cold place this time of year, lovely place though, it was where Scottish settlers landed so it has a Scottish influence,the Uni was established by Scots and to this day prides itself on being very similar to Scottish education, which I am biased but is world class. The main streets in Dunedin are named after the Scottish capitol Edinburgh, in fact Dunedin means Edinburgh of the South, the older buildings look very similar to Scottish architecture.

rcsnydley

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Chas - I see you live just North of Palmerston North. They may go through there on their way up to Auckland.
Wave hi as they drive by. lol

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic