Currency/Denomination

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:42 am

It might be helpful since this is an International site for members quoting monetary values to state where they are from eg A New Zealand Dollar is not the same as a US dollar nor a Canadian dollar, therefore when we ask about guitars under $200.00 in different countries this means quite different things.

E.g. $200NZ or $200US or if its Euros or GB pounds say so, cause if your Japanese saying something is 2000 might just throw you off track.

BigBear

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 am

Excellent point!!

rcsnydley

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 am

You mean the whole world doesn't do U.S. Dollars?

rcsnydley

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:17 pm

For quick conversion of world currency here is a website.

www.xe.com/ucc/

Keep Playing
Ric

rcsnydley

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:21 pm

Here's an example of a conversion.

200.00 US dollars = 324.12 NZ dollars

Chas, maybe I'll come to New Zealand to buy my next guitar, lol.

Keep Playing
Ric

BigBear

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:45 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
To heck with playin' the guitar, I want to go to New Zealand to go fly fishing!!

Oh, and to see where they filmed Lord of the Rings! LOL

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:15 pm

BigBear wrote:
rcsnydley wrote:
To heck with playin' the guitar, I want to go to New Zealand to go fly fishing!!

Oh, and to see where they filmed Lord of the Rings! LOL
Good idea guys, I have a couple of spare rooms. Fly fishing I am told is absolutely great in the South Island of NZ, as for LOTR movie site you would have imagined that the place would have capitalised on it but nope they took the Hobbit town set apart and almost restored it to original, they left a couple of Hobbit houses which are essentially mounds of earth with a door and not a lot more. The scenery is obviously there and that is cool to see.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of guitar costs between countries , see if anyone is getting ripped off, or maybe if there is a lucrative business opportunity for us TG members lol

BigBear

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:06 pm

The scenery in LOTR could have come out of the NZ Chamber of Commerce guide. It was spectacular. I'm sure some of it was CAG'd but most of us had no ideea NZ was so beautiful. I think they are filming the new Hobbit movie there right now aren't they? At WEGA or whatever it is called. Peter Jackson's company. I can't wait!

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:15 pm

You are right Bigbear the Peter Jackson is filming the Hobbit her I think they will use the same place for Hobbitown its actually a Place called Matamata. The company jackson uses for the effects and is called Weka, which is actually a large ugly NZ insect. They may have used some artistic licence in filming but not much I suspect as NZ really does have some spectacular scenery mostly in the South Island in the Southland and Fiordland areas

rcsnydley

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:49 pm

One of the guys I play guitar with son goes to school in NZ so he and his wife are heading there for 3 weeks soon. So Chas if you see a 50 something American with short curly hair taking pictures, hold up your guitar, smile and wave. And if you invite him over to play guitars he's very good so you'll have a great time.

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic