VOTE

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Some on the guitar site forum I frequent have a "VOTE" feature on the fourum. The vote feature allows the contributor to establish a subject on which to vote. Create the options on which to vote, and then allow forum menber to vote on the subject. The vote thread show a bar chart for each catagory and the number of people who vote.
For example the Forum vote subject might be :
Which guitar is best for fingerpicking.
The catagories under the issue being voted on might be:
1 Gibson
2 Taylor
3 Guild
4 Martin
(there is usualy a limit to how many sub catagories you can have on the issue being voted on.)

Once the thread is selected as a " Vote" type thread, the catagories set up, the voting by forum members begins. Results are tallied as to how many folks voted and a bar chart is provided for the results. Contributors to the vote type thread have the option to contribute, or to review the results.
Another example the could work here. Thread title:
Incorporating a vote thread option to Totally Guitar Forum
1.Yes
2.No
Just a thought.

AndyT

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:13 pm

I agree. But I have a particular use in mind.
Make it a YES or NO vote on new lesson requests for Neil and leave it open. Over time the numbers will slowly build up to a point where Neil will do the lesson. An awesome source of current trends on the site.

Set it up so that a user can scroll thru them and vote on ones they have not yet voted on. It should have its own page on the site. That way, people can just drop in and see whats on the upcoming list and vote what they want to learn. They should be able to change their vote also. Limit the amount of votes to 5, no matter how many songs are in the list. That will give the most accurate picture of what is really wanted by the current membership.

6string

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 pm

So Both these ideas were on our list from the beginning..when we can get to them we will announce..

AndyT

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:09 am

Oh sure Matt! NOW you say that you had it in mind already after we post it so you don't have to pay royalties...

(Just kidding)

I'm looking forward to all the new changes.

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 am

I;'ve seen this function on other sites and its quite useful for getting accurate responses without massess of posts .

Look forward to its arrival.

KennyF

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:39 am

Are we talking about the "Poll" option? Image

AndyT

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 am

Kenny,
Yeah, something along those lines.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic