Reference Guitar forum for ideas

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Dear Fourm menbers, A guitar site I frequently on a regular basis is www.acousticguitarforum.com. I has been around for quite some time and has worked out lots of bugs and has some very good features that perhaps could be incorporated here.
It has the voting feature I referenced in a previous thread. I hope I have not violated any forum rules by posting the web address. Have a look.

AndyT

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:28 pm

I'd be interested in knowing the forums policy on this.

BigBear

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:09 am

There are many good acoustic guitar forums out there. Acousticguitarforum.com is fine. But personally I've gotten more out of this forum because it is directly linked to learning new songs and techniques. Nothing against the other forum at all, I just like the people and approach on TotallyGuitars.com

AndyT

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:45 am

Ok, I'll post it. They can take it down if they don't like it.

From the admin- Please don't post links promoting commercial sites.

rcsnydley

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:12 am

I think that they are tolerant of posting other guitar learning sites. I believe it is up to members to check them out if they like and either add them to they favorites or not. I have posted the link to another site in the past as I feel it is also a great site and augments this site quite well.

Keep Playing
Ric

frybaby

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:05 am

Just to be clear, I posted the above guitar forum website, not to provide alternatives to this site ( which it goes with out saying is exceptiona), I posted only so those who are involved with refining and improving this site might get some ideas, that might be useful, if incorporated in this site.

rcsnydley

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 am

My feeling frybaby, is that ideas to improve the site no matter where the idea comes from will be at least considered. I made some new board suggestions and my ideas came from other boards, these ideas were considered and used. So, I think suggestions will be considered based upon their merit.

Also, as I have said in the past, other sites that offer good and accurate information is a help to all members who are looking to improve their guitar playing and general musicianship. This after all is a forum for the exchange of ideas.

Keep Playing
Ric

BigBear

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm

From the admin- Please don't post links promoting commercial sites.

haoli25

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Another suggestion for the electric guitarist that
play more of the AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden,
and Pink Floyd style, you might want to try this
free site. Good tabs and instruction.

http://www.farhatguitar.com/

AndyT

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Well, the links got removed. Not a problem. I'm forced to agree with Admin on that one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic