Forum Policy (Warning: Thread Hijackers Win)

Feel free to get outside the box here.
spinland

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:11 pm

BigBear wrote:

Andy, you are right on as usual. It's time we all stop bitching about who took advantage of our forebears. It doesn't matter anymore folks. The Congress wants to spend more tax money making reparations for slavery. Are they out of their collective minds (short answer is yes)? That would have been a great idea about 150 years ago but very few people alive now either caused it or suffered from it. If I didn't cause it why should I pay for it? So some idiot in Congress can feel good about themselves or buy a few more votes? Even the Germans didn't have to pay for the misdeeds of the Kaiser or the Fuehrer!!

Oh well, Andy can I have some of your meds? Please?

Yes, why not offer proper medical/psychological services with dignity for injured vets and others who have sacrificed themselves for the objectives of government, whether they agreed with them or not? Making reparations to present generations for past generations' sufferings makes no sense. If the U.S. really wants to make amends with an ethnic group start with the Native Americans. Let's see, we took their land, gave them disease, killed their women and children, and raped their country.

But, too little too late. Make amends with those who've suffered--not their great great grandchildren.

BigBear

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 pm

gingold wrote:
Yes, why not offer proper medical/psychological services with dignity for injured vets and others who have sacrificed themselves for the objectives of government, whether they agreed with them or not? Making reparations to present generations for past generations' sufferings makes no sense. If the U.S. really wants to make amends with an ethnic group start with the Native Americans. Let's see, we took their land, gave them disease, killed their women and children, and raped their country.

But, too little too late. Make amends with those who've suffered--not their great great grandchildren.
Right on, Bro!! The story of the American Indian is not the highlight of this great country's exploration and settlement of the West. The more I read, the more I am convinced what a sad tale it was. And many are still suffering. And yet you don't hear them complaining and sticking their hands out for more.

Also, I think the expression "homeless vet" should be an oxymoron in this country. One vet on the street is one too many. We need to spend whatever it takes, regardless of budgets, to get everyone of them off the street, treated for whatever demons they have to deal with and back into society. To do less is treasonous! Can you tell I feel strongly about that subject?

Good follow-up post buddy!

TGJIM

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:55 pm

This thread has spun out of control for too long. Guys please open up new Off Topic subjects as needed individually in the correct area of the forum. I am locking this derailment down ;)

Thanks,
Big Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic