Bad Request message

Feel free to get outside the box here.
map4242

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:56 pm

AndyT wrote:

This type of problem comes from a faulty write operation. For some reason (usually a malicious program) changes a local variable and everything written based on that register is corrupted. It does not mean that you are infected, it just means that something happened. And believe it or not, it could possibly have been cosmic radiation impacting your hard drive and changing a single bit to screw you up. The Space Shuttle had that exact thing happen on one of its flights. Thats why we have backups.

Mark, do you recall the old IBM plugboards to setup the 5211 card punchers? what a nightmare! LOL
That's along the lines I'm thinking. Something crashed or got corrupted differently than usual and is being stubborn about being erased. There may be a MTBF of millions or billions for such write operations that don't get caught and fixed while they happen, but they DO happen.

I should have been clearer. The cleaning I was referring to was for cached files, cookies and such associated with the browsers and internet. sometimes they won't clear if the program that made them is still running. Safe Mode changes the was read and write operations happen and could help and other cleaning programs would do it without ie or firefox running.

Yes, I remember the punch card readers. however when I got around to officially learning about computers and such they had just gone away. I was spared the agony. I had to deal with some lingering punch tape readers on industrial computers, but only long enough to eliminate them.

Mark

map4242

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:13 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Hi all

I personally wouldn't use MS onecare, reviews are poor and it is about to be replaced by a free product from uncle Bill called Morrow.
Ad aware is a reasonable product even used it in the past.

BUT I don't think this is the problem.

I have had the same bad request message a few times and all to do with my browser (yes i use firefox) each time I had to clear data to get it to work propelly, some times I had to manually clear data to make sure everything is cleared out, which is a pain putting passwords in again, but it worked.

Question is are you still having problems drawlr or have you fixed it?
If not what have you tried?

RicksPick
I've never tried MS onecare, but normally wouldn't as I do my best to avoid being one of MS's 'crash test dummies'; short of buying Apple. I can't do the programming I do on a Mac. And maybe AutoCAD will run on the 'windows side' of a Mac now, but I've never talked to anyone who did it.

But it does sound like something is corrupt and won't clear through normal means.

Mark

AndyT

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:11 pm

I would stay far away from One Care. A few people had good results with it but the vast majority had nothing but trouble.

Try Catmans suggestions on manually erasing the cookies.

Mark,
When I started in computers we programmed with a soldering iron. 4K of RAM was an incredible amount and we wondered if we would ever use all of it.

sourcerer

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 pm

I get exactly the same behavior. It worked fine the first session after I signed up. Since that I get these error messages any time I try to access any Target content. I am running Safari browser on a MacBook Pro. I do not get this behavior on any other site.

sourcerer

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 pm

OK, someone mentioned cookies and that sounded like a good suggestion. Cleaned out all the cookies in my Safari browser and now am able to access the Target sites.

So if you have this problem... throw out the cookies!!!

map4242

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

AndyT wrote:
Mark,
When I started in computers we programmed with a soldering iron. 4K of RAM was an incredible amount and we wondered if we would ever use all of it.
Well, that's a half-step above stone knives and bear skins.

I was a whole step above.
I used to have to keep some 4040 based computers running. Their worst problem was the EPROMs ran so hot they'd take themselves out and sometimes nearby components. When they got too obsolete, I had to make the EPROM burner (STD bus) to make spare copies. I had the luxury of writing the program to do it in machine language on an Osborne (I liked CP/M better than DOS). I learned machine language originally by hand coding 8080 in octal.

Mark

buddy

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Just want to reach out ans thank those that have attempted to help any service issues..

Its a big help when you all chip in, Cheers.

I would suggest you are always conscious of clearing cookies
Always using FIrefox and the latest version, always updating your pc with the Java updates and always regularly run something like registry mechanic, cccleaner and one of the also run an adchecker like adaware...you would be amazed at how much junk your pc picks up..

Finally we have an FAQ help section coming..

And if you have to email support...do it at [email protected]

CHeers all..see you on next webinar

Matt

tvarga

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:36 am

Thanks David! That fixed things ... and it was easy! :)

-Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic