Finding *all* artists/songs

Feel free to get outside the box here.
BigBear

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:01 am

AndyT wrote:
I woke up one morning sitting in my car, (the afore-mentioned 72 Chevy Nova with a 427 under the hood) and realized I had 3 speeding tickets, 2 parking tickets and a trespass warning on my car. On the seat next to me were two empty fifths of Jack Daniels and 3 or 4 empty 2 liters of Mountain Dew. I went to open the door and get out and discovered that the car was buried up to the bottom of my window in a mud bog. Now this was before the days of cell phones, so I turned on the key and fired up my CB radio. I called my brother and a couple of hours later I was being dragged out by a bulldozer.

I quit drinking that day.
My story isn't quite that compelling but when I went through my divorce I became very, very fond of single malt scotch. I came to a crossroad and decided I needed to either drink more or less. I chose the latter. I still like my gin and tonics and my single malt but not daily. I wonder if I could make a blues song out of this?

Congrats for having the courage and wisdom to make the hard choice! I know it probably wasn't easy!

But what have you got against good coffee?

KennyF

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 pm

BigBear wrote:
I wonder if I could make a blues song out of this?
Brother Rick, I think a blues song requires it... Image Image

BigBear

Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:16 pm

kennyf wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Maybe I'll call it "Crossroad"? I wonder if anyone has ever used that title? :lol:

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:14 pm

BigBear wrote:
kennyf wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Maybe I'll call it "Crossroad"? I wonder if anyone has ever used that title? :lol:
I'd call it 'Off Topic Blues'

AndyT

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Off Topic Blues.

Oh man... I'm going to start working on that one now.
too funny.

frybaby

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:41 pm

I like to call it HIJACKING the thread. Taking it somewhere the originator didn't want to go. Anyway about finding songs songs could be done a lot easier if there was some sort of master list for reference. If linking directly is a problem, then at least with all the song title available, preferably by artist, you could search the title and get to the video.
Also I just thinking if the list also indicated which songs were for TARGET members only, than more folks may perhaps be inclined to join. Especially if they saw a bunch of songs in the Target members section they really liked.
I think too if there was more consistency in the video lesson, so that each video no matter what the song was produced in the same manner, with all the same features, ie slow motion, right and left hand shots, tab ect, the a person would know exactly what he was getting.
Finally form follows function so they say, I some time feel if some of the high tech stuff going on here may be over the top. Bells and whistles, that may be making the site a bit more difficult to navigate than it should be. But I confess I came late to the world of computers. I have a love hate relationship with the infernal machine. I think for the most part they hate me, more than I hate them. So when things get to confusing or don't work right I bail. Still cant get the video in scync. Man I hate that.
Oh well there it is.
Good day all
Jack

AndyT

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Jack, If you send me your email address in a PM, I'll try ad help you out with your computer problems.

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:40 pm

AndyT wrote:
Off Topic Blues.

Oh man... I'm going to start working on that one now.
too funny.
Check out my post on Song Scrapbook under new lyrics thread

KennyF

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:16 am

Chasplaya wrote:
BigBear wrote:
kennyf wrote:
BigBear wrote:

I'd call it 'Off Topic Blues'
Image Image Image Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic