C Blues Jam Track

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AndyT

Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:51 am

Really? That is weird. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

Chasplaya

Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:53 am

I guess so's we don't give them out gratuitously and help give them more meaning... Maybe... I dunno

KennyF

Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:10 pm

An online catalog of short video clips of solo licks and tricks might be a good idea to get beginners going. Some lead licks sound a lot more difficult than they actually are. This could be a member donated thing as well.

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 am

kennyf wrote:
An online catalog of short video clips of solo licks and tricks might be a good idea to get beginners going. Some lead licks sound a lot more difficult than they actually are. This could be a member donated thing as well.
Now that is another dang fine idea.

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:56 am

Kenny re-jacked the thread! Nice job Kenny! I'm trying to imagine how your suggestion would work though.

KennyF

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:54 am

AndyT wrote:
Kenny re-jacked the thread! Nice job Kenny! I'm trying to imagine how your suggestion would work though.
Well... I guess we'd have to shoot a video clip of the lick, upload it to a server or web hosting account and then post it in a thread like this one.

OR

We could send the clips to Neil, he could review them and then post them in a "Lead Licks" section.

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:06 am

kennyf wrote:
AndyT wrote:
Well... I guess we'd have to shoot a video clip of the lick, upload it to a server or web hosting account and then post it in a thread like this one.

OR

We could send the clips to Neil, he could review them and then post them in a "Lead Licks" section.
I agree about the reviewing thing. DOn't know if the servers on this site could handle a large amount of uploads that could potentialy hit them though

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:08 am

I understand that part. I mean, give an example of what the lesson would contain and why this is a good idea.
I know Chas likes the idea, but I don't get whats good about it. I see lots of guys that can play a few licks and riffs but that's it. They can not play complete songs. What makes this a great idea?

KennyF

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:39 am

To a guy who is already a smokin' lead player, it wouldn't serve any purpose.

BUT... To a newcomer who can't improvise over a simple blues progression, it might take some of the mystery out of soloing.

Or not! :laugh:

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:45 am

So this would be more of a 'How to improvise leads' kind of thing? I can see good things there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic