Suggestion for the new 'Video Upload' section

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AcousticAl

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 am

Hey there,

I like this idea- and see that you have tested it out by uploading Neil's Youtube videos to show us how it works. I can see the value of this- whether you have a problem with a riff or just want to show off a tune you've mastered. I personally would like to see other people's videos and where they're at with Neil's lessons.

I can imagine the number of links in this will grow, and it will be difficult to know what's what. I'd hate for this video section to become like the photo section on TG. I find the photo section way too big/unorganized to even look in.

Is it possible to introduce 'categories', so it would be easier to search? A 'Question/Problem' category, a 'Check It Out' category?

Just thinking ahead..

Al

TGJIM

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:47 pm

I added Question/problem and Check this out to get us going...

Thanks,
Big Jim

AcousticAl

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:30 pm

You guys really rock! I only added that suggestion this morning and you've changed it the same day!! Very cool.

I'm sure there are other possible categories- and they'd become apparent as more vids get uploaded.

Al

haoli25

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:21 pm

You guys are the best, Jim. Thanks

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:05 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
You guys really rock! I only added that suggestion this morning and you've changed it the same day!! Very cool.

I'm sure there are other possible categories- and they'd become apparent as more vids get uploaded.

Al
These guys are really onto it now... Magic...

AcousticAl

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 pm

As I suspected- the video section is taking off-- and starting to look like the photo section (unfortunately). TGJim helped out by adding 2 categories for us to use ('Check it out' and 'Question/problem'.. but there needs to be more.. and people need to use them once they're up there. 1,000's of videos in the 'General category' will just get lost in cyberspace.

Here's some other ideas for categories -- How about:
"Songs from TARGET"
"Well known bands"
"Unknown Talent"
"Hacker's Corner"
"General Nonsense"

Does anyone else have any ideas of other categories that can be up there? Too many would be no good as well.. This might not be the best way to organize- but this ship is able to turn with our input. TG does listen to us, so give your opinion.

Al

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic