Login problems via Firefox

Feel free to get outside the box here.
goldleaf

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks for the response. What is CC Cleaner, I mean what is it's actual function? Removing programs before reinstalling?? I did read that if I was having problems with Adobe to use some program to uninstall it which was reluctant as it seems like any program I download to correct a problem seems like they want you to buy something and I have a hard time getting rid of the program I downloaded to help in the beginning? Wish I understood computers a little better. Thanks, Gary

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:17 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Thanks for the response. What is CC Cleaner, I mean what is it's actual function? Removing programs before reinstalling?? I did read that if I was having problems with Adobe to use some program to uninstall it which was reluctant as it seems like any program I download to correct a problem seems like they want you to buy something and I have a hard time getting rid of the program I downloaded to help in the beginning? Wish I understood computers a little better. Thanks, Gary
CC Cleaner is free you can buy a deluxe type version but not necessary. Go here for a download http://www.piriform.com/

It doesn't solve all problems but it clears all the extra files windows programmes tend to create, clears your history and browser also cookies etc. Talk to AndyT about other programmes to help get a faster and better set up, he seems to know quite a bit, certainly more than me.

AndyT

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Sounds like you are having windows allocation issues. Download this and try it. It should fix the problems you are having.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... -fix.shtml

goldleaf

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I am currently using IE as my default instead of Firefox, would you recommend making Firefox my default browser?
Thanks for your time.
Gary

goldleaf

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:01 pm

I don't know if I made my problem clear, I have 5 or 6 Adobe icons on my desktop from various attemps to download Adobe. Is the website you gave me for correcting problems with downloading Adobe? or for Firefox problems. Sorry to be a pest, appreciate your input. Gary

AndyT

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Make Firefox your default browser. The website I sent you to fixes problem with Windows, not just the browser. The program you need to download is called 'Dial-a-fix'. It will help your machine access the internet easier and with fewer complications. It will also fix the Windows installer. That's the likely culprit you have with Adobe.

Before you run it, remove all the adobe downloads you have then run Dial-a-Fix. Then do the Adobe install. you should be good to go.

Here is a more direct link to Dial-a-Fix.

http://djlizard.net/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip

JRainwood

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Hello, at first i want to thank everybody for there help, thanks a lot.

But since i've got myself a new top of the line desktop this week, all my problems seems to have melted away.

I hope that the subject did help some members with there problem.

JRainwood

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic