Not so many new songs per month...sad to say

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AndyT

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:26 pm

kirbySfan wrote:
I agree with "micke1967" and "AndyT". The number of songs could be higher as promised by Neil.
Is that what I said? I didn't think that was what I was saying...

At any rate....

Neil and Matt did address this in yesterdays (July 10) TG Live broadcast. They pointed out that TG is only 2 months old and so far they have exceeded the amount of new songs that was stated. Matt can list them all out for you I suppose, but Neil also made the point that he has to be satisfied with the way a lesson is going before it gets posted. If its not right, then he does not want it on the site causing confusion.

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Greetings all..

We did in fact respond to this on the live show, but I will address it here again on behalf of Neil and Myself, we drafted this for you all...

It is our goal and target to create 4-6 songs a month, as stated in this thread. The plan was to make 2 TARGET Lessons and 2 TARGET Shorts the minimum average for a month, as well as to keep a good mix of beginning, intermediate & advanced material available, including more Free Lessons, a couple of TG Live broadcasts, critiquing uploaded videos, adding occasional Fly On The Wall videos, answering questions and participating as much as possible on the TARGET Members Forum, keeping everybody up-to-date with the TG Blog and Newsletter, as well as continuing to teach current students in Neil's studio.

Remember it is our goal not our promise. Sometimes we will deliver slightly more sometimes we will deliver slightly less...

Sometimes lessons take twice as much effort to create due to their complexity and our desire to teach them right. a recent example was classical Gas, due to the depth in which we teach it, it took twice the time to create and the lesson itself is twice as long...

We have an intentional mix of shorter and longer lessons, and combined with the base song list this should keep anyone very busy for a long time to come. We intend to add new songs every month in roughly the ratio we have discussed, and in fact we are beginning to get ahead of the creation side of this in the weeks ahead.

Just so we are clear on the facts on what we have provided.

We launched the TARGET Program at the end of April (thats a touch over 2 months now) with our first episode of TG Live, which lasted over 5 hours . Here is what has been added over the last two months-

Additions to the Song Library

Classical Gas- 5/8/09, Advanced, TARGET Lesson

Embryonic Journey- 5/26/09, Advanced, TARGET Lesson

Yesterday- 6/2/09, Intermediate, TARGET Lesson

Imagine- 6/10/09, Intermediate, TARGET Short

Here Comes The Sun Fingerstyle Solo- 6/24/09, Intermediate, TARGET Short

Harvest- 6/25/09, Beginning, TARGET Short

Tuesday Afternoon- 6/29/09 Intermediate, TARGET Short

Sweet Baby James- 6/18/09, Intermediate, Free Lesson

Hocus Pocus- 6/29/09, Intermediate, Free Lesson

TG Live for TARGET Members- Broadcasts, including lessons and Q&A on 6/18 and 6/26 and the one last night on 7/10

This weekend we have 2 full lessons being added..and a third short lesson

Harvest Moon- Intermediate, TARGET Lesson

Imagine- TARGET Lesson

Brown Eyed Girl- (focus on licks & intro) TARGET Short

The next in line is Hotel California, probably the week of July 21. This has turned into a huge project and to Neil's credit he really thought long and hard on how to teach this song, so as mentioned before this is one of those songs that just takes longer to do right, including how to teach a few different guitar parts and different levels.

We have in the hopper already an 80's tune , and we have a couple of tunes from the 70's to come before we release a modern (read last 5-10 years) song, which we will be inviting the Target members to participate in voting for.

Now that Neil is back from most of his commitments I expect we will meet and exceed our goals of course beyond song creation we also spend a lot of time improving the site in all sorts of ways to make the experience a better one for you.

We have a number of features that are being released currently and in the very near future to add to the experience, we will also be closing off access to new memberships at this price, in the very near future as we come closer to getting our objectives met. You are all foundational members so this has no impact on you as long as you remain with us.

As all of you know, Totally Guitars is still, and always will be, a work in progress. We started out with a game plan that definitely included getting input from our visitors and we certainly feel that the TG Community has helped us tremendously in choosing our direction and additions. I can honestly say we hear you and hope you feel that we have responded positively.

Hope you can join us for the next TG live episode...

Cheers

Neil and Matt

BigBear

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Matt- outstanding post!! That's exactly what was needed. Disgruntled members need to hear this stuff from you guys (as opposed to us forum weenies) and it should go a long way toward putting this issue to bed.

I'm very excited to see what's coming (especially Hotel California!).

Thanks addressing this issue head on!

Rick

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Excellent post Matt. much needed to clear the air. Me i'm happy and have heaps already to occupy my time (even though I can't seem to get the live shows lol, local issues not TG's problem) Looking forward to Hotel California and Neils take on it, my all time favourite song.

great work guys

AndyT

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Hotel California is one of the reasons I play guitar, so you can imagine how happy I am to see it come up on the list.

Bear,
Better be careful who you call a forum weenie or they might get disgruntled and shave all your fur off. LOL

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:51 pm

BigBear wrote:
Matt- outstanding post!! That's exactly what was needed. Disgruntled members need to hear this stuff from you guys (as opposed to us forum weenies) and it should go a long way toward putting this issue to bed.

I'm very excited to see what's coming (especially Hotel California!).

Thanks addressing this issue head on!

Rick
Weenie!!!
Bear told you before so go catch a fish. Image

BigBear

Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 pm

AndyT wrote:
Bear,
Better be careful who you call a forum weenie or they might get disgruntled and shave all your fur off. LOL
Andy- very sorry, I should have been more specific. I was only talking about you being a forum weenie, not the rest of us!!! ROFLMBO!!

That was to contrast us with Yoda and his Jedi Knights!! :lol:

BigBear

Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

Weenie!!!

Bear told you before so go catch a fish.

I'm not as cuddly when I'm eating!! :lol:

AndyT

Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Well, I shouldn't let this kind of picture out online, but....
A candid photo of Bear at the mall....

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/107643 ... 6128sJKxUz

haoli25

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:05 am

I love being in the monority. I could care less how
many songs are in the TARGET program.

When each of us played out first C chord, a door to all
music was opened for us. How much we made of this
opportunity (or didn't make) was all due to our ability
and our determination (practice, practice, practice).

Never before has it been easier to find sheet music, tabs,
Guitar Pro files, or artist performance videos for anyone
from the Black Eyed Peas to Beyonce and from Brad Paisley to
Keith Urban. We can play any and all of these songs
with the right technique.

As guitar players, we know all of our own personal strengths
and weaknesses and the TARGET program allows us to improve in
those rough areas whether it is chord progression, strumming,
fingerpicking, theory, developing good habits, etc. When
ever we need a refresher, the lessons always are there to
brush up on. The lessons also apply to Country, Rock, Classic
Rock, R&B, Classical, or whatever your personal taste in
music.

Believe it or not, watching a few of Neil Hogan's lessons on
for instance, Neil Young will make learning your favorite song
by GREEN DAY an absolute breeze.

Master the techniques and you can play anything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic