Not so many new songs per month...sad to say

Feel free to get outside the box here.
eagle670

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Exactly! Learn all the song. Don't be a bits and pieces player. If that is what you are looking for then youtube is your answer. You can learn all the riffs you want for free.

Kevin

BigBear

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:24 pm

WOW! Has this topic generated some interest or what? I read Micke's post, went to bed and when I came back to the forum there was four pages of comments!! Good input all!

Let me say that I am one of Neil and Matt's biggest fans and I am extremely satisfied with the site and the TARGET program. And I couldn't learn everything here in years, let alone months.

But I feel my fellow posters may be missing the point. TARGET is a business and is promoted as such. It doesn't matter how good a guitarist you are, or that Neil is entitled to a life. We all are. Or even how long it will take to chew through everything here.

Micke believed when he joined that there would be 4-6 new songs per month. There haven't been that many- period. For me, I'm cool with that but others may not be. And Micke doesn't owe anyone a solution for Pete's sake. He's a paying customer!

If 4-6 new songs is unrealistic then Neil needs to say that. Most of us that love this site will be fine with that. Having access to a guitarist like Neil, plus all my new forum friends (except for those thread-jacking pirates Andy and Chas! LOL!) is worth way more than $20 per month to me. But if 4-6 is the goal then perhaps Neil could estimate whether that's 2 full studies and some shorts or some other breakdown. Or even 2 this month and six next month. But the average needs to be at least 4.

As many of you know, I rather aggressively defended this site against another forum member making claims of false advertising. But there is no question that 4-6 songs has been the stated goal. If a minimum of 4 new songs isn't possible then that must be clearly stated. All the other reasons/excuses simply don't matter in a business relationship.

Micke- thank you for expressing your concerns in a positive, constructive manner. That is precisely how we can all make this site better. :)

Happy playin' all!!

eagle670

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Rod

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm

I don't know why people are going on about Micke finishing 50 songs or anybody finishing 50 songs thats not what this topic is about. Go back and read his post he didn't clame to be out of things to learn or unhappy with the current content. He simply stated he was under the impression that more content would be added each month.

rcsnydley

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Bear and Rod - as I read your post I feel myself humbled and duly chastised. You both are totally right, it is not about completing what is already here and this is a business with a stated claim. Hence, as a business with said stated claim/promise it should be lived up to or it is to be expected there will be dissatisfied customers and rightfully so.

Without knowing I do suspect that Neil had a lot in the pipe and just got behind because of other commitments. With that being said, business is business and must be dealt with as such. Quite frankly, it's why I won't start my own business, it's takes away from other things that I deem more important.

Rant over.

Ric

BigBear

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks Ric! No chastisement intended! :lol:

One other point to ponder. Neil has set the bar so high that he may have created some very unrealistic expectations. After you see how good the first full song studies are, it is human nature to want more. Just look at the song requests for more, more , more!

Neil has literally placed songs at our fingertips (no pun intended) that I had considered beyond my reach. Not now! As I master one I can't wait to move on to a harder one. I suspect many of us are experiencing this right now.

Having owned several businesses, it is incredibly importatnt to "under promise and over deliver". Not the other way around. Sometimes when you have a new concept and want to get it moving you bite off more than you can chew. Neil and Company may decide that 4-6 songs per month is too much. Maybe it's best to not promise any new songs? Or "new songs added as needed". But he must justify a monthly fee.

I am just advocating going back and cleaning up all the very early promises and commitments. Neil intends to close the program soon. That's a very good idea. Pause, take a deep breath, evaluate how this new enterprise is impacting family and quality of life issues, then adjust the model, if needed, moving forward. Maybe use the break to reload the song vault.

The last thing I want to see is Neil becoming a victim of his own success. Micke's comments must be taken very seriously!

BobR

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Greetings all..

I have watching this thread in interest...and have the following comments.

Some of what has been said here certainly need addressing, some of what is being said here is not factual..and needs to be corrected..

It would be easy for us to jump in here and comment off hand, but this is an important topic, and I want to address it with facts...and our plans and commitments..

Perhaps if you can all wait some, as Neil has only just returned this morning from the airport, and I can get those fact and details together..we will post a response..

Until then, if you can hold off on the rhetoric...we are interested in always being transparent, and clear, and of course providing awesome value ...for now if you can hold off on your assumptions , all will be clear..

In all circumstances, those not happy with us, can contact support and asked to be cancelled, and we will wish you well..

For those of you who see us delivering value and quality, rest assured as always we will keep doing so...

Just bear in mind we are only 2 months in NOT 3 as some have stated..that and other details (including whats coming song wise) we will be responding too together late this afternoon.

Then we will make that thread a sticky so anyone who has any doubts can see..

Neil and I will be with you shortly, thanks for your support and stay tuned.

Cheers

wrench

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Well, whatever side you're on, there seems to be great passion about T.A.R.G.E.T. Great comments and well presented from all perspectives.

Remember that TG wasn't an established project when it launched. It's evolving on the fly, and you can't deny that Neil and Matt are listening to us and trying to deliver what we ask for. I have no doubt that TG has a sincere intention to deliver what it promised, but I think they really need some time. I realize that we as consumers are entitled to expect what TG advertised, but I also realize that we, as the initial membership (at a really reasonable fee), are in the driver's seat to help shape the program.

I am going to quit T.A.R.G.E.T. - as soon as I logon and can't find anything to learn. Given Neil is a gifted artist, a devoted teacher, and has a forty year head start on me, I think I'll hang around for awhile.

mark

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Was there an update to this issue from Matt or Neil. I've looked for it in the forum but I can't find anything.

eagle670

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:38 pm

I havn't seen anything either unless they addressed it on the live broadcast last night.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic