Not so many new songs per month...sad to say

Feel free to get outside the box here.
micke1967

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:23 am

Hi
I some fedback on TARGET, when signing on first month it was great value for money with lots of songs/lessons I would say about 30-50 something...or more - lots....
However since then, that is month 2 and month 3 it hasnt really happened much...
Month 2 I believe there was about 3-4 new songs/lessons of which "Yesterday-Beatles" basically was the only full length one...
Im now in month 3 of Target membership and so far there has been 2 short lessons published, similar to the ones in the free section...Good of course but not as in depth as the previous full lengths..
Dont take me wrong a mix of short and long ones are great...
However I would really whish for a higher production rate...
For example Neil has mentioned full length lesson of "Imagine-Lennon" and "Hotel California-Eagles" like forever by now...
I think this site and the target program is great however if the are not at least a bit more new content each month I most likely will go on to some other site that has more new stuff per month...That was the exact reason for me leaving membership in my last guitar lesson site.
However if Neil is the only one producing new material I do understand the problem...
I do hope for improvement since the first month was just so great...
best regards Micael

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 am

Hi Micke.

You are exactly correct. Neil is the only one making the videos. So it takes a bit longer than normal to get fresh content. Hang in there and I'm sure you will be happy with what Neil brings to us.

Do you have any requests for specific songs?

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:50 am

Whilst I didn't join TARGET right at the beginning, I feel the number of songs to be going on with is plenty, but I guess this is dependant on your level of ability. Given the quality of the videos (the full ones) I reckon its worth hanging around. That plus the stuff on the Forums (not the hijacking lol) but the original topics are well worth the money. I understand that people may not liike all the songs and bypass them , but thats a mistake in my opinion as I have tried out songs I would not normally have even considered and that has helped with the odd technique

mark

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 am

Mike makes a very good point and I was also thinking of starting a thread on this subject.

I too have been in the target programme for three months and there have been very few updates. Certainly a lot less than the 4 to 6 updates a month that has been promised.

This is no way detracts from the content which is already there which is superb, but if people are going to pay a monthly subscription there needs to be regular updates.

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 am

You both have a point. But since Neil is the only one doing the lessons and he also has to see to his family and other things, I would ask, what would you suggest? How can more content be made without him sacrificing his family on the money altar?

Your suggestions are very much welcome. If you know a way to make it better, then help us out.

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:37 am

AndyT wrote:
You both have a point. But since Neil is the only one doing the lessons and he also has to see to his family and other things, I would ask, what would you suggest? How can more content be made without him sacrificing his family on the money altar?

Your suggestions are very much welcome. If you know a way to make it better, then help us out.
Well said Andy, I for one am quite happy with content and quantity for the moment. I always beleive if you are to critisize then you should be prepared to make a suggestion on how to fix the percieved issue.

mark

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:14 am

Please don't take what I say wrong.
I think the target program is a great concept and very much worth the money to subscribe to. However to keep subscribing each month there needs to be regular updates.

Remember that it is Neil himself who is saying that there will 4-6 updates every month.
I'm sure it is just teething problems for what is still a very new concept, and the updates will start coming through more regularly in the future.

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:44 am

Neil and his team are building the site as they go. Yes, there are lots of growing pains. Yes, things are slower than they had planned.

Once things get more settled, I'm sure they will have more time to work on updates. I know Neil wants to get them going as much as possible but he had no real idea of what he was getting into until it was already started. As he and his team get a handle on things, you can be sure that he will be producing more updates on a timely basis.

Remember that there are still features being added. One of the truly interactive aspects of the site just came online and its going to take a while to get it running as smoothly as they want it to. Its the ability to post your own videos in your profile. this way you can post a video and get real feedback on what you might need correction on. And not just from Neil, but from a whole cadre of players that have been there and done that.

That alone is more than worth the price of membership, so please, hold tight for maybe a few more months and see what happens.

Rod

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:01 am

Valid comment.I don't think micke1967 or anybody else is questioning the current content or it quality. They are paying customers, they have a right to expect delivery of what they paid for. I find the site great but I do have to admit the same question was in the back of my mind too. Maybe Neil & the guys are trying to do to much at the same time and have a bunch of stuff half done. Anyway I'm only speculating on that but that's the impression I got. It might be good to publish some kind of road map or schedule so the guys can manage their time and also manage customer expectation at the same time.

Cheers Rod...

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:07 am

That is a good idea Rod. Lets see what Neil thinks of it. Maybe they did bite off a bit too much right at the start. A timeline is a good thing to have. Maybe they have one and will share it with us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic