Free Target Lesson

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 pm

After watching one of the free Target preview, my interest in joining is heightened, but at this point still some apprehension. The previews seem to create as many questions and anxiety about the Target lessons as it does answers. Buyers remorse and all that sort of stuff, anyway I was thinking that perhaps if one complete Target lesson was offered for free, those members on the fence about joining would have a better idea if the investment would be worth while. Perhaps one Target full free lesson could be added every quarter or so. Or maybe just one would do the trick. Picking the video to offer up as the sacrificial lamb would be the chore, right off the top of my head,I thought maybe the one of the free shorts that has the most hits.
Any pros and con?

Well there it is,

Jack

TGJIM

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi,

Here you go...

http://www.totallyguitars.com/classic-r ... man-part-1

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Big Jim

BigBear

Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:06 pm

frybaby wrote:
After watching one of the free Target preview, my interest in joining is heightened, but at this point still some apprehension. The previews seem to create as many questions and anxiety about the Target lessons as it does answers. Buyers remorse and all that sort of stuff, anyway I was thinking that perhaps if one complete Target lesson was offered for free, those members on the fence about joining would have a better idea if the investment would be worth while. Perhaps one Target full free lesson could be added every quarter or so. Or maybe just one would do the trick. Picking the video to offer up as the sacrificial lamb would be the chore, right off the top of my head,I thought maybe the one of the free shorts that has the most hits.
Any pros and con?

Well there it is,

Jack
Jack- Jim provided a good example of a typical TARGET study but they left out that there is always a full page background (in .pdf) of the song which includes a brief history, the key the song is in, discussions of strumming patterns or other theory etc.

Also, included is the full song with chords and lyrics in a format that I print out and put in my personal song book. Extremely helpful!

Additionally, there is a full tab for the intro and usually the first verse and chorus. I love this song overview and is very unique! I've seen it done on another site that I belong to but not this well and to this degree.

Also, if the song has an interesting lead part for example Wish You Were Here there is a separate video showing you how to play just the lead.

I know joining anything is a tough decision but three things swayed my decision:

1. The price is less than a one-half hour private lesson!! That's incredible.

2. The program will be closed soon at this price point.

3. You are only locked in for one month or $20 bucks. If you don't like the program you're only out $20 bucks so it doesn't hurt very much if you are wrong!

There are many of us that are wildly satisifed with this program and believe this is unquestionally the best deal in guitar instruction not to mention a great bunch of people on the forum.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me anytime. Despite my enthusiasm I am not affiliated with TG or TARGET in any way! :)

rcsnydley

Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Jack - I agree with Bear. This program is well worth the $20/month and you can quit anytime. But, I guarantee you that once you join you will not want to quit, it is that good.

There is really nothing more to say as Bear pretty much covered it, except what have you got to lose except the same old guitar playing you want to improve on (like all of us here) that brought you to this site in the first place.

Keep Playing
Ric

AndyT

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:52 am

And to keep Neil happy, I'll chime in also... LOL

It is a very good program. It is extremely rare to find an online instructor that actually explains what he is doing as he does it. Most of them whip off a few licks and tell you that you can figure it out on your own since they provided you with a chord sheet. Most don't even offer TABs or chord sheets, and out of the ones that do, I've found about 75% of them are wrong.

Here you get:

1. An instructor that tells you what he just did, how he did it, and what he is doing next.
2. Accurate chord sheets and in most cases, TABs
3. A video feedback section where you can post a video of you playing so that Neil can write back and tell you what you need to work on.
4. A forum full of helpful students that are going thru the same things you are. (A hairy teenie weenie too)
5. A large selection of songs to learn so your not stuck playing 'Row Row Row Your Boat' for the next 6 months.
6. All of this for less than the cost of one lesson from your local guitar instructor.

Time to pony up and join in before Bear gets ahold of you.... LOL

BigBear

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:18 am

Jack- one last thing I thought about after I posted my first response is that Neil is a real stickler for correct technique. Correct hand position, using the correct fingerings (including when you don't need to be correct), strum direction and rhythms, correct pull-offs and hammer-ons, full barres vs. partials etc.

In many years of playing I had developed some really bad habits, that I now have to un-learn! The impact of this for me personally is my playing has skyrocketed in just the 2-1/2 months I've been in the program. I am playing songs (correctly I hope!) that I never dreamed I'd be able to play. That is really exciting!!

Andy is correct, I put so much pressure on him that he finally caved in!! He's never let me forget it either! ROFL!! Now, after a couple of months in TARGET he has taken Don Ho's place in Hawaii doing luau's and eating poi with the haole's!!! :lol: Because of TARGET he will soon be famous!!! Really LOL!!

revo

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:21 am

For 20..00 you can't lose, u could say its a no brainer. I will get hook up as soon as my check comes lol ( its in the mail )B)

haoli25

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 am

Matt and Neil have mentioned that the monthly
fee for TARGET is going up soon, so you may
want to hurry and sign up and save yourself a
few coins.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic