Hotel California picking pattern

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Vegas

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:24 am

Neil,
I have been laid up recovering from a total hip replacement since the end of May and your web site has helped me to learn new songs and theory and stay relatively sane. I also like your attention to strumming (rythm) technique.

I have watched the Hotel California lesson and was wondering about the picking sequence of notes on each chord when played as an arpeggio(?) rather than strummed. Do you have plans for a little more on the video end and the leads too ?

My favorite song is " From the Beginning " I have loved that song since attending a concert in the 70s. I'm 57 and keeping my fingers going.

BigBear

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:49 am

Vegas wrote:
Neil,
I have been laid up recovering from a total hip replacement since the end of May and your web site has helped me to learn new songs and theory and stay relatively sane. I also like your attention to strumming (rythm) technique.

I have watched the Hotel California lesson and was wondering about the picking sequence of notes on each chord when played as an arpeggio(?) rather than strummed. Do you have plans for a little more on the video end and the leads too ?
Wow, not fun to have that surgery! Hope your recovery is coming along nicely. I am looking at having that surgery too but I'm putting it off for as long as I can because they told me the artificial joint is only good for about 10 years. That may have changed as technologies improve.

On Hotel Califonia remember that what Neil posted is just the first couple of parts of the whole song study. Just a teaser to show us that is working on it. There is lots more coming. I suspect your question will get answered fully very soon. I'm excited about this song because I've played it for years but never as fully as I wanted to.

Take care and Happy Playin'

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic