What'll happen to the cool floating album covers?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
rcsnydley

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:24 am

Chasplaya wrote:
rcsnydley wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
...and YES. I said ALBUM covers.

B)
I guess it shows our age Al as I never thought of them as anything other than Album covers. :cheer:

Ric
I seem to recall Album covers were square in my part of the world and the vinyl was round and small enough to fit snugly in the square . therefore these ones are rectangle and if the vinyl fitted snugly they would be oval and thus they are not album covers... am I being pedantic. But hey its a cool feature and would be sad to lose it, maybe they could be linked to most favourite songs currently on the site and be like a top hit list.

I did notice that Chas, but I was willing to suspend reality and think of them as album covers. I know for a fact there were a few times back in the early 70s that album covers looked rectangular and the vinyl looked oval to me, but that's another story.

Ric

AndyT

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 pm

This thread is giving me flashbacks. I need to skip it....LOL

BigBear

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:27 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
I know for a fact there were a few times back in the early 70s that album covers looked rectangular and the vinyl looked oval to me, but that's another story.
But did you know that if you play the oval ones backward that Paul is dead?!!! LMAO!

figwold

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 pm

my floating album covers aren't there any more. Any ideas why?

AndyT

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Site changes and updates. They may return in the future.

AndyT

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Hey all..
The floating albums are still their, If they dont show for you, maybe your flash player isnt upgraded..

Their are a ton of changes on TG happening almost daily, we are going to do a series of upgrades to the site and launch a couple of items in the next week or so, and then we have a redesign of the current site to help with some of the navigation issues, and then ultimately a complete redesign of the site which we will hop eyou all participate in coming down the track..

So...as always if something doesnt work for you, put a support ticket in, we are turning those around pretty quickly and we are always always always interested in helping you get what you need from the site...

Cheers

Matt

figwold

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 am

actually I suspect the lack of floating album covers dates back to when I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8, which is a 64 bit browser. Adobe has some story about Flash not working with 64 bit browsers for some reason, and although I primarily use Firefox this also seems to have been affected :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic