What'll happen to the cool floating album covers?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AcousticAl

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Just curious.. Are the TG doods in High-Level meetings right now with flip-charts and pie-graphs trying to figure out how to cram more album covers into the animation we see when we hit the TARGET button? The artists/songs available to us are quickly outgrowing the template animation- which I like btw. A good problem to have, I guess.

'How do they get the tunes in the TG site'? Hmmmmmmmmmm?

AcousticAl

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 pm

...and YES. I said ALBUM covers.

B)

AndyT

Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 pm

That is a very cool feature, I agree. But does it detract from the functionality of the site? Does it make it harder to find something? Or is it a bit misleading? Questions I'm sure they are asking in those secret meetings....

rcsnydley

Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:14 am

AcousticAl wrote:

B)
I guess it shows our age Al as I never thought of them as anything other than Album covers. :cheer:

Ric

Lavallee

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:02 pm

HOw else are they called? ;)

Marc

rcsnydley

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Lavallee wrote:
HOw else are they called? ;)

Marc
Today they would probably be considered CD covers.

Ric

AcousticAl

Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Get where I'm coming from.. I'm just pushing 40. I know both analog and digital audio.
Grew up listening to my older brother's lp's. Got an appreciation for albums/covers/inserts/taking care of vinyl/record needles etc.

I think we lost something special when we went to CDs. Even more so now that we've got MP3s. No one actually listens to an album all the way through anymore. Gone are the days of putting on an entire 'side' and listening to every song from a single artist.

There are positives from CDs/MP3s/itunes as well. Instant access, more robust media- but I do miss the days of vinyl..

Al

jim56

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 pm

You guys are too funny..

Too much speculation time in my opinion, technically we are buried in 4 larger projects for TG, and its future..and the spinning album covers (yep Im a record man, still own boxes of them), but really we are working on

(a) content - yep ---- I call Neil or visit every day and discuss what songs are coming
(b) SHhhhhh- secret project 1 (may have something to do with individual songs)
(c) Shhhhh- secret project 2 (may have something to do with home study DVD's
(d) Shhhhh- Secret project 3 (may have something to do with more scales, begginer and intermediate stuff)
(e) Shhhhh - Secret project 4 (may have something to do with adding new features to teh free and target sections
(f) Shhhh- secret project 5 (not telling you anything on this, other than .....u wait)

Oh...and yeah well figure out what to do ...with the covers..I like it, I used it on another project I built , and it is kinda neat...

But I gotta make sure the menu system and search features and navigation improves..so as long as nothing gets in the way of that..

CHeers all

AcousticAl

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks Matt.

And no worries.. Your secret(s) are safe with us!

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:58 am

rcsnydley wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

B)
I guess it shows our age Al as I never thought of them as anything other than Album covers. :cheer:

Ric
I seem to recall Album covers were square in my part of the world and the vinyl was round and small enough to fit snugly in the square . therefore these ones are rectangle and if the vinyl fitted snugly they would be oval and thus they are not album covers... am I being pedantic. But hey its a cool feature and would be sad to lose it, maybe they could be linked to most favourite songs currently on the site and be like a top hit list.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic