LIVE EVENT NOTIFICATION

Feel free to get outside the box here.
neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:46 am

Hi Guys. Maybe I'm the only TARGET new member out there that didn't know there was a LIVE TARGET event 2 days ago that I really would have loved to have joined. Maybe not. So here's my question: How do I know when there's a live event coming up. The fact that the site has so many interesting discussions and videos, groups and other bon bons could explain why I missed it: the distractions are many and wonderful. But I just looked all over and I can't find anything mentioning an up-coming live event. I really don't want to miss out again so.... can you tell where the info is please? Could you mail all TARGET members when there's something coming up? Many thanks! At least I can catch up with it now retrospectively... but I really would love be there live next time. Chris.

AndyT

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:53 am

Chris,
The ones for Target members only are posted in the forum. Here is the one for last friday. Notice that it is in the TARGET Announcements section of the forum.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum?fun ... 37&id=7301

You have to keep your eyes open for them. I suggest that when you check the forum, you always check the RECENT DISCUSSION tab. It will have everything posted for the last few days. It goes back about a week I think. I have not checked to see just how far back it goes.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:10 am

Thanks Andy. I've been checking everything all week long and still didn't notice. I'm thinking that major events like that need to posted so that even the stumbling, distracted new guy can't miss it!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:21 am

I'm also thinking that the notification you refer to was posted short notice. Or not? Is there a calender of up-coming events somewhere? I'd have though that would be front page, impossible-to-miss stuff. Thanks for any help here.

BigBear

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Chris,

Sorry you missed the last episode of TG Live. We try to make sure it is posted in many places. This one was mentioned in Newsletter 11 on July 31, on the Blog on August 4- Sheryl Crow and TG Live, on the Home Page for the last week (under the Welcome video), and then on the Forum- TARGET Announcements, on the day of the show. We also use Twitter for those types of announcements, a last minute tweet went out about 45 minutes before the show as well.

In any case, I hope you enjoy the replay. We try to get those up in a day or two. The next episode is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 29, at noon in California, 3:00 PM on the East Coast, and 9:00 PM in Europe.

Thanks for joining, welcome to the program, and I have really appreciated your posts and contributions.

Best Wishes,

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:54 am

Ah Neil, I reached Yoda! :-) Many thanks for your quick reply. And I don't feel at all stupid missing all those posts!!! This past week has been Chris in the candy shop discovering all the wonderful lessons, groups, comments, making friends and chatting away on guitars and great songs. TG is exactly what the doctor should order. I guess it's been like visiting Vagas: too many blinking lights and dazzling stuff. SO if you don't know exactly when and where to look you miss it. Can I suggest a banner headline for future up-coming live events which pops up when you log? Enjoy your Sunday, we have a wonderful sunny summer's day here on Lake Zürich!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 am

.... yeah, I feel like Jim Carey in Bruce Almighty missing that truck full of warning signs...

AndyT

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:47 pm

LOL Chris. No worries. You're still new enough that you may have missed some. I'm sure you will be ready for the next one.

mike_cvpi

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Just remember you never truly miss them, as we put them up inside target within a day of having them, you only miss out on the live interaction..

This week Neil and I spent most of our time answering questions from members which was exactly how we wanted the shows to pan out...so next time bring one or two questions and especially those that are related to songs you are working on..

Cheers

map4242

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:17 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
.... yeah, I feel like Jim Carey in Bruce Almighty missing that truck full of warning signs...
I usually check the blog and then go to the forum. Between that and the newsletters, I've always known when the next TG Live was and only missed the ones where I had to do something else, like 'work' (excuse the four letter word).

Even if I'm busy it does take much time to check the blog and email for the newsletter.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic