Fingerboard markers please

Feel free to get outside the box here.
piknleft

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Joined over the week-end and have enjoyed it. The first thing and it was noticed immediately by my lick/riff/harmony stealing eyes is, is that I wish you would use a guitar with fretboard markers for everything other than your "campfire" songs. It's just easier/quicker to follow above that 5th fret when I see markers. Thanks Neil:blink:

AndyT

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:59 pm

This has been asked before. If you listen, Neil tells you which fret he is on.

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 am

AndyT wrote:
This has been asked before. If you listen, Neil tells you which fret he is on.
YOur right Andy, I mentioned it an age ago. I thought about offering Neil a pot of white enamel paint to put little splodges on the appropriate frets but I think he might decline.

I do note he mostly advises which fret to use though. When he uses the Santa Cruz its fine its just the other one members have issues about. But also for most lessons he uses a pdf tab so the answer lies there also.

eagle670

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:17 am

I wish there were markers as well. When I learn a tune I use the pause buttom alot at certain points so I can try and identify the finger placements. I always find myself counting the frets on Neils guitar.

goldleaf

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:45 pm

I have to agree, I don't always have the TABS handy when I'm watching Neil showing the "Left Hand" part of the song. It is difficult to see where he is putting his fingers as some of his fingers get in the way and I can't tell what one's he using or not. He describes where to put his fingers usually but the naration almost is distracting sometimes, I don't know why, it should make it easier, maybe it's just me. If Neil were able to get a different camera angle when showing fingering for the chords or even the riffs & fill-ins, I think it would help especially for the "left hand" portion of the songs. When I get my video's going I will see if I can come up with an vid that show what I'm talking about. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic