Fingerpicking confusion!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AndyT

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:48 am

That's why I said not easy. Some people are just not happy until they have totally overcomplicated something beyond mere mortals understanding. She must be an engineer.

BigBear

Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:13 am

AndyT wrote:
She must be an engineer.

Hey, Hey , Hey!!! Calm down there big boy! No need to pick on Nerds!! You sound like my son when he tells other people about how I helped him with math in high school! He said "Dad made it so complicated no one could understand it!" :lol:

laura_s

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 am

Hi everyone

Wow! I wasn't expecting so much advice. Thank you, chaps.

I'm going to go and check out neil's relevant lessons and videos on arpeggio now. I think I'm familiar with it, though my use of any lingo isn't exactly profound - is a form of it used in Romanza? I think perhaps what's throwing me, aside from lack of confidence/knowledge, is indeed the way the pinches some of you have mentioned make the picking seem so much more complex to my untrained ear than songs with a steady, continuous 'pattern' and fewer chords (such as House of the Rising Sun). Speaking of chords, is the general consensus that the chords I'm using are okay?

And as for that engineer comment... that's actually the way my mind works. Top marks.

Laura

rcsnydley

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:00 am

BigBear wrote:
AndyT wrote:
She must be an engineer.

Hey, Hey , Hey!!! Calm down there big boy! No need to pick on Nerds!! You sound like my son when he tells other people about how I helped him with math in high school! He said "Dad made it so complicated no one could understand it!" :lol:
Funny, my daughter says the same thing about me when I try to explain math to her.

Ric

laura_s

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:40 am

My dad was guilty of it too! He's an accountant. I had to get a tutor to graduate high school :P

Music Junkie

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:58 pm

laura_s wrote:
My dad was guilty of it too! He's an accountant. I had to get a tutor to graduate high school :P
ROTFLMAO!!

:silly: :silly:

BigBear

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:00 pm

laura_s wrote:
Maybe it's a Dad thing and has nothing to do with engineeers!! LOL!

Hey, Laura, welcome to the program! We glad to have you with us! If you feel comfortable we'd like to have you introduce yourself in the Please Introduce Yourself thread. We've all done it and it's painless! Tell us about yourself, where you live, what kind of music you're into and where you are on your guitar learing journey!

Happy playin' :cheer:

laura_s

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:55 pm

I just did as you suggested! You lied. It was painful. And I started a whole new thread which I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have done. Oops :blink:

haoli25

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Now for your penance for the thread sin Laura. Say five "Hail Neils" and practice barre chords for an hour.
:laugh:

Bill

AndyT

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Well, its a good thing Neil isn't an engineer. We would never learn anything! LOL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic