TG Tab Files- Good or Bad thing, you decide!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
heyjoe

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:22 am

Hello

I was thinking erlier about all the TAB files Neil and the gang provide for the songs we are trying to learn.

My thinking was that its a good thing in that we now know what we have to learn to play the songs, and that its also a bad thing, in that we now know what we have to learn to play the songs:P :P !

Neil and gang, thanks so much for taking the time to do this and making the site as special as it is.

Joe

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:29 am

The TABs are good, they look like the guitar pro pdf conversions. It would be useful if they were downloadable cos every time I go online its racking up the ISP bill. But as far as TABS go I haven't struck one that isn't a close simile of the lesson yet, so good job team

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 am

Chasplaya wrote:
The TABs are good, they look like the guitar pro pdf conversions. It would be useful if they were downloadable cos every time I go online its racking up the ISP bill. But as far as TABS go I haven't struck one that isn't a close simile of the lesson yet, so good job team
Chas: The TAB is downloadable as a PDF.... Is that what you meant? If you right click on the PDF file, you can "Save As" and keep them for later. I don't think that the gang has a problem with the TABs being downloaded, it is just the clips themselves.

If that is not what you are talking about, sorry for the confusion.

:blink:

rcsnydley

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 am

I too really like the TABs as they make a great way to reference the song. I don't always have to go back to the lesson to check something out as it is usually in the TAB.

I will say, however, that I miss the extended notes that came with the original 50 songs, but is miss in the newer ones.

Ric

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am

rcsnydley wrote:
I will say, however, that I miss the extended notes that came with the original 50 songs, but is miss in the newer ones.

Ric
The extended notes were great. I can see where it would take extra time though. I am one that loves Neil's tangents and his tidbits of history and background on the songs as well. I love hearing about how someone came up with the idea for a song, or how it changed directions from the original intention to become what we all know and love....

Good stuff.

:cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Chas: The TAB is downloadable as a PDF.... Is that what you meant? If you right click on the PDF file, you can "Save As" and keep them for later. I don't think that the gang has a problem with the TABs being downloaded, it is just the clips themselves.

If that is not what you are talking about, sorry for the confusion.

:blink:
Yeah I knew that but after a recent ahem lets say 'discusion' with matt (I still got a sore wrist) I took it no downloading of anything.

Ric
I am one that loves Neil's tangents and his tidbits of history and background on the songs as well. I love hearing about how someone came up with the idea for a song, or how it changed directions from the original intention to become what we all know and love....
Yup I like the notes and the history they all added value to the song

AndyT

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:40 am

I think some clarification is needed here.

Matt,
Did you intend that we not get to print or download the PDF TAB files? that would make it very unweildy to work on something.

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:27 am

Guys,

The intent was always to print the pdf copies and have them handy while you watched the lesson, multiple times, I hope. Sorry for any confusion here...

Neil

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:34 am

Neil wrote:
Guys,

The intent was always to print the pdf copies and have them handy while you watched the lesson, multiple times, I hope. Sorry for any confusion here...

Neil
Many thanks Neil for the clarification

AndyT

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:09 am

Thanks Yoda! I knew we could count on you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic