First Songs You Learned To Play

Feel free to get outside the box here.
__m__

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 am

A-D-E-D Repeat. Louie Louie! It was awesome... or change the rhythm and it was Wild Thing. That was out of some electric guitar book for beginners I was trying to work through but never finished...

heyjoe

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:23 am

The Shadows and Buddy Holly songs. Then onto basic versions of Clapton.

Makes me wanna go back and play them again now.

eagle670

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:52 am

AC/DC Back in Black.... I worked on it for months and months before it sounded right.

Some day I'll have the lead for the song down.

Mike

musicrevisited

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:46 pm

John Denver's/PP&M's "Leaving On A Jet Plane" followed by as many Everly Brothers songs as I could think of. "Bye Bye Love" and "Bird Dog" by the Everly Brothers taught me how to make faster chord transitions as did Barry McGuire's "Eve Of Destruction" It's a strange feeling to sit down and play these songs now.

heyjoe

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:03 pm

music revisited wrote:
John Denver's/PP&M's "Leaving On A Jet Plane" followed by as many Everly Brothers songs as I could think of. "Bye Bye Love" and "Bird Dog" by the Everly Brothers taught me how to make faster chord transitions as did Barry McGuire's "Eve Of Destruction" It's a strange feeling to sit down and play these songs now.
Hello music

Welcome to the forum, if you feel like it, we have a please introduce yourself section, where you can let us know a bit about yourself, and you get to know all the TG forum people.

Sitting down playing songs you learned years ago, and playing them better now than you did then shows how far you've progressed, doesn't it.

Joe

pineappletrain

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Not to hard for me to remember my first ones hahah, first one would be 10 months ago or something. First song: The Wind with cat stevens, after that it was sweet home alabama, and then No Woman No Cry wih bob marley.

jayswett

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:54 pm

The Wind was your first song? I don't find that song to be very easy at all.

tovo

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:58 pm

The first song I could sing and play was The World I Know by Collective Soul. It's actually a pretty short list of songs that I can say I can play my version all the way through. But by then, I could play and sing part of a bunch of songs. It's weird. I tried to learn My Heros Have Always Been Cowboys, which is suppose to be easy. But I still can't play that all the way through that with out a train wreck! But I can play and sing a good bit of More Than Words and Tears In Heaven. I was never any good at the stuff that is "suppose" to be easy.

stratman3

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:04 am

The first songs I learned was Satisfaction by the Stones, just the three note signature line run, open E string,F#,G. The first chord progression was the song GLORIA by the Shodows on Knight. B)

dustystrings

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:31 am

"Stairway to Heaven" in 1977, the only song I knew for over a year. When I started to take things more seriously I picked up "Four Strong Winds", "Heart of Gold", "Love is a Rose", well, a lot of things from my Neil Young guitar songbook.
And I still don't know all of Stairway, never will.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic