Ability to delete or Merge Threads/Groups

Feel free to get outside the box here.
haoli25

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Rather than OLDEST TO NEWEST, I wish the threads were NEWEST TO OLDEST. It sure would save me a lot of clicking. :)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:33 pm

... but seriously Chas, if we started cutting and pasting stuff elsewhere, won't that also bit a little confusing too. YOu may not know what went where. ANd what if we come out in some other part of the universe.... (oh, that's worm holes not threads...) DO we need Walt?

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:34 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Rather than OLDEST TO NEWEST, I wish the threads were NEWEST TO OLDEST. It sure would save me a lot of clicking. :)
Umm if you use the Recent Discussions Tab you get them in Newest to Oldest order of those you haven't read yet.

Catman

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:38 am

Chasplaya wrote:
haoli25 wrote:
Umm if you use the Recent Discussions Tab you get them in Newest to Oldest order of those you haven't read yet.
Even better, click on the "show recent posts" button , then instead of clicking on the thread name, click on the little green number in brackets to the right of the thread name in superscript position e.g. (3 new), this will take you directly to the first unread post in the thread. This only works if you're logged in.

AndyT

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:37 am

Nice tip Cat. Thank you. Karma to you.

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Catman wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
haoli25 wrote:
Even better, click on the "show recent posts" button , then instead of clicking on the thread name, click on the little green number in brackets to the right of the thread name in superscript position e.g. (3 new), this will take you directly to the first unread post in the thread. This only works if you're logged in.
Nice tip I didn't know that!

BigBear

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Please note that although the Thread Pirates hoisted the Jolly Roger several times on this thread I kept my powder dry and did not participate!! Do I get a gold star? :lol:

Andy, why don't you rename your group a little to include Guitar Pro (which is more than just tabbing software) and I'll delete my group or ask the admins to delete it since I don't think it can be done by the user. :cheer:

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm

BigBear wrote:
Please note that although the Thread Pirates hoisted the Jolly Roger several times on this thread I kept my powder dry and did not participate!! Do I get a gold star? :lol:

Andy, why don't you rename your group a little to include Guitar Pro (which is more than just tabbing software) and I'll delete my group or ask the admins to delete it since I don't think it can be done by the user. :cheer:
I think that might be my Group you are talking about. Which was a generic group for all Tab software which included GPro in the narrative. This is an example of what I am talking about and that greater control is required in the establishment of groups. I have posted in both but would like to see it become one to lessen confusion. So it would be useful to merge rather than delete either.

AndyT

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Chas created this one so he has to change it.
What would you suggest we call it?
"TAB Software"?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic