Ability to delete or Merge Threads/Groups

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:31 pm

I've noted on a few occasions that some Forums and some groups are double ups of others already here is it possible say for the originator to delete, cut and past or merge an entire thread/group. Thus reducing difficulty in finding stuff. If not can this be requested of the Admins to do this. eg. in the Groups we have two Stevie Ray Vaughan groups and two groups now covering TAB software. I'm not even going to attempt to give examples of thread doubles!!

familyman4

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:29 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I've noted on a few occasions that some Forums and some groups are double ups of others already here is it possible say for the originator to delete, cut and past or merge an entire thread/group. Thus reducing difficulty in finding stuff. If not can this be requested of the Admins to do this. eg. in the Groups we have two Stevie Ray Vaughan groups and two groups now covering TAB software. I'm not even going to attempt to give examples of thread doubles!!
Good idea Chas. In fact, I'm going to start another thread about this problem! Oh, wait....:(

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:04 am

gingold wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Good idea Chas. In fact, I'm going to start another thread about this problem! Oh, wait....:(
Arghhh, thats Andy's or Bears job....

AndyT

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:49 am

Ok, I can start a group where we can discuss this and the impact it is having on TG. Then we can hash out the best possible way to get it fixed. But to figure out how to prevent it from happening again, we need another thread....

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:57 am

AndyT wrote:
Ok, I can start a group where we can discuss this and the impact it is having on TG. Then we can hash out the best possible way to get it fixed. But to figure out how to prevent it from happening again, we need another thread....
Now listen Andy I'm being cereal here

AndyT

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:49 am

Cereal or Serial or maybe Surreal? Make up your mind....

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:16 pm

I've noted on a few occasions that some Forums and some groups are double ups of others already here is it possible say for the originator to delete, cut and past or merge an entire thread/group. ...... er, .....Thus reducing difficulty in finding stuff. Um, er......If not can this be requested of the Admins to do this. eg. .... um....in the Groups we have two Stevie Ray Vaughan groups and Stevie Ray Vaughan groups and .... er.....two groups now covering TAB software. ....er I... er......I'm not even going to attempt to give examples of thread doubles!!

Somethings happening to me! TG is really getting to me. It's almost like deja vu, what with the visions of Andy and Bear on Harleys ....and I keep thinking I've read things before things before, and I keep thinking I've read this before and I keep...... er, what the......

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 pm

I knew it ...I just knew it... That the TG Pirates would make something of this very serious topic. I'll be forced to start another thread about this topic... Ummm hang on a bit...

Back to topic, you must agree it would be useful to have the ability for originators to delete a thread they've made or cut and past it elsewhere if they find its a duplication.

AndyT

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 pm

LOL. Nite nite Chris.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:30 pm

I knew it ...I just knew it... That the TG Pirates would make something of this very serious topic. I'll be....... er...... forced to start another thread about this .... er.....topic... Ummm hang on a bit... it's not just deja vu......Chas is starting to read my mind ahead of time.... what will I do? where can I go? Where will I be safe....
... er nite Andy!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic