Official Campfire Versions Feedback Thread

Feel free to get outside the box here.
FlatPick

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am

I love the new addition. There are PLENTY of songs in the Target section to test my ability and make me better - having a few that you feel you can conquer and add to your list in a sitting or two really helps the confidence. And when folks say, hey, play me a song - chances are they know one of these and you can play it well.
Also, when one of my kids says teach me a song - you can show them one of these and they can play it for their friends.

Great Deal!

heyjoe

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:20 am

eagle670 wrote:
Just an observation on my part. I like these campfire versions, as I stated in a previous post, but I was checking out "Rocking in the Free World" and at the beginning of the lesson, Neil says "the lesson you are about to see is just a quick free sample" and then he goes on to tell the viewer that if they want more then they will need to think about joining the target program. I also notice that right below the video screen the advertisment says "This is a short sample lesson. For full lessons check out the TARGET program." Now that said if I was not a paying member and saw that I would assume that if I joined target I would get a full lesson on those tunes. This has been dicussed before in one of threads. I think that you will have more of these types of issues with folks misunderstanding what they will actually be getting when they sign up for the program. Far be it from me to tell you guy's how to run your business, but I just thought I would pass along my thoughts.

Kevin
Great observation Kevin. Here's what happened- I started finishing some of the Campfire Versions a little ahead of schedule so we decided to start posting them. I obviously missed the small detail of the intro video and trailing banner. Those are on the immediate agenda. I could go on but I think I need to get the camera out now!

Neil

willem

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 am

Neil wrote:
Hi Gang,

There will be a lot of additions to the Campfire Series over the next few weeks. It has become a higher priority, partly due to your responses. Don't worry, we will still be rolling out TARGET lessons as well. As a matter of fact, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with one later today.

The upcoming Campfire Versions will all be announced as New Free Lessons, as we are making these available to all our subscribers, not just our TARGET members.

I will keep a list on its own thread soon but here is what we have so far-

A Horse With No Name
Helpless
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Military Madness
Rockin' In The Free World

Neil
thanks fot this list and looking forwards to the other campfire's and the target songs,cheeese!

AcousticAl

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Wow! Just saw the latest 'campfire tune'-- Smells Like Teen Spirit!!

Neil's does grunge.. That's awesome!

AcousticAl

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:56 pm

And on a totally random other note-- I love when Willem says 'cheeeese'!

suziko

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Love the new Campfire Versions! In fact, I love this site so much and am very glad I joined the Target program. It's helped me make a lot of progress with my playing after feeling like I'd plateau'd for a while. One comment: are you planning to put the Campfire Versions in their own section on the Master Menu? As of right now they're a bit difficult to find (I don't even see them on the Master Menu, only at the bottom of the home page under "latest videos").

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm

suziko wrote:
One comment: are you planning to put the Campfire Versions in their own section on the Master Menu? As of right now they're a bit difficult to find (I don't even see them on the Master Menu, only at the bottom of the home page under "latest videos").
Suziko: If you click on the tab just to the right of the TARGET tab titled "TG Videos" you can find them in there... Hope that helps.

MJ

:)

AndyT

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:38 pm

Bear refuses comment.

suziko

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:07 pm

MJ, Thanks! That is helpful. Still, it seems like adding them to the Master Menu (under a section marked "Campfire Versions") would make them easier to find for those new to the site.

Not a criticism, just a recommendation. I honestly think this is the best guitar site out there.

AndyT

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:32 pm

we have as I said earlier in anothe rpost an identifier for camfire songs coming but my programmers are on theri break...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic