Official Campfire Versions Feedback Thread

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jim56

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:21 am

Another example of the dedication of the TG leadership to the longevity of the program and to the TG family. Neil you are head and shoulders above the competition!

Thanks for being our guitar instructor!

Jim

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:55 am

Hey Matt, the insights to the workings at TG between you and Neil are fascinating. It seems to me to be a real Lennon/McCarney relationship of the Internet guitar-teaching world. Your stick-it-out attitude on the camp fire songs is going to prove a real winner for TG members and Neil will be thanking you for it as the feedback rolls in. Don't ever divorce!

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:30 am

I think TG is on a winner with these as whilst they may not extend some they will still be a challenge for others, I recall a post where someone wa having trouble with strumming these will certainly help in that regard, and hey nothing wrong with a bit of revision on basic strum patterns, don't forget where we come from fellas. I like all that i've seen so far with the campfire versions, I just put down my 12 after playing Horse With No Name, I had to dig up a tab to recall the lead though lol.

So yes good combination between Matts astute business sense and Neils professional ability as a teacher.

willem

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:10 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I think TG is on a winner with these as whilst they may not extend some they will still be a challenge for others, I recall a post where someone wa having trouble with strumming these will certainly help in that regard, and hey nothing wrong with a bit of revision on basic strum patterns, don't forget where we come from fellas. I like all that i've seen so far with the campfire versions, I just put down my 12 after playing Horse With No Name, I had to dig up a tab to recall the lead though lol.

So yes good combination between Matts astute business sense and Neils professional ability as a teacher.
Say hey Chas, good words, but is ther a button where you can see only the campfire songs/titles?? or are the mixed up with the other vids in free sextion??

AcousticAl

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:25 am

Hi Willem,

Go to TG Videos-- then to 'complete free lessons' and they're mixed in there.

willem

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:36 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Hi Willem,

Go to TG Videos-- then to 'complete free lessons' and they're mixed in there.
Thanks Al ,i was already thinking that, but not so handy.
And there are now 3 songs up or are there more in that campfire version??

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Gang,

There will be a lot of additions to the Campfire Series over the next few weeks. It has become a higher priority, partly due to your responses. Don't worry, we will still be rolling out TARGET lessons as well. As a matter of fact, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with one later today.

The upcoming Campfire Versions will all be announced as New Free Lessons, as we are making these available to all our subscribers, not just our TARGET members.

I will keep a list on its own thread soon but here is what we have so far-

A Horse With No Name
Helpless
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Military Madness
Rockin' In The Free World

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:02 am

Way to go Neil!

eagle670

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:56 am

Just an observation on my part. I like these campfire versions, as I stated in a previous post, but I was checking out "Rocking in the Free World" and at the beginning of the lesson, Neil says "the lesson you are about to see is just a quick free sample" and then he goes on to tell the viewer that if they want more then they will need to think about joining the target program. I also notice that right below the video screen the advertisment says "This is a short sample lesson. For full lessons check out the TARGET program." Now that said if I was not a paying member and saw that I would assume that if I joined target I would get a full lesson on those tunes. This has been dicussed before in one of threads. I think that you will have more of these types of issues with folks misunderstanding what they will actually be getting when they sign up for the program. Far be it from me to tell you guy's how to run your business, but I just thought I would pass along my thoughts.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:26 am

This is fair comment Kevin. It's the same impression I got when I came here ...and then I found it was even better than I'd thought! SO maybe, advising people to take an exact look at TARGET before they sign may help. But when you get more than you bargain for... whose complaining?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic