Official Campfire Versions Feedback Thread

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm

What a darn good idea, this can help boost confidence if struggling with more difficult songs. Also a lot of fun playing what are mostly gonna be popular songs anyway.

mwortman

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey Gang,

I love the Campfire songs, they are awesome and Neil makes a harder song easy and they always sound so good.
The Campfire version are my favorite part of TG and its a great way to build your library up.

Thank God for Neil
Marty

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:54 pm

AndyT wrote:
Another good thing about the campfire songs is that since we know them so well, it is easier to sing along with them.
Good point Andy! Since we know them so well, it does become a bit easier to introduce the singing and playing aspect of the whole thing.

I think these will be a big hit with most.

:laugh:

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I know these 'campfire' tunes will help me with my strumming as well.

'Night Moves' by Bob Seger would be another good one of these, Neil.

;)

terrynewton

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Neil,

This really sound good to me. simple, and fun for everyone. The more the better when it comes to the campfire singing. It helps to keep the bears away.

Thanks,;)

Terry

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:21 pm

terrynewton wrote:
Neil,

This really sound good to me. simple, and fun for everyone. The more the better when it comes to the campfire singing. It helps to keep the bears away.

Thanks,;)

Terry
Oh Terry, you better be careful, you might hurt Bears feelings.....lol

Besides, it is not the bears that bother me, it is the mountain lions....:laugh:

TGMatt

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey all

I have to tell you that these campfire songs are something that took 3 months to talk through with Neil, when we were looking at what content to create we were focused exclusively on the material for Target users, and Neil was fixated on teaching stuff that helped progress you all to greater levels..

Each time I mentioned the easy song stuff, he groaned, he suffers for his art you know..
Eventually I wore him down, and we decided to ensure we had all of our target material down for the next 2 months (so you will continue to see some great tunes come through ) that fulfill his goals of teaching songs that build your skill levels. And now he is doing just a great job on punching these out, and they are just fabulously fun, and thats the key...these tunes are not a replacement for Target tunes, they are an addition..and they are available to all the folk who come here..

We have a ton of suprises and new content coming , but these tunes are just fun, and their will be something for all..

Enjoy them.

TGMatt

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 pm

To jump on the bandwagon here -- and maybe get a bit gushy -- this kind of stuff really makes this site great. I agree with the sentiments about the niche these lessons will fill ... but even more so: Over and over again I am struck by how clearly you guys like what you're doing and it just shows. Every piece of lesson content is high quality and thorough. Even if the 2-chord strum-along isn't what Neil would do as his first choice, you can help but notice that when he does it he seems to enjoy it and delivers a great lesson.

I'm glad I signed up.

Cheers.

map4242

Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks guys!
This is a great addition to TG.

Mark

AndyT

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:09 am

If Neil keeps on having this much fun, we might have to start charging him...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic