6 months or month to month?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
cestmike001

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:42 am

I just had a few things on my mind...I really want to do this, but some things are holding me back I guess. Can anyone explain a little more how the month to month pay option works? You give a credit card number and it's taken directly from there a certain day every month? Also, has anyone chosen to do the $119 for the 6 months option? I'm wondering if paying this up front is better than worrying about the money being taken out every month.

Sorry to talk only about the money; I do think this is a great site and a wonderful way to learn guitar.

Thanks for any advice.

jayswett

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:49 am

I don't see much, if any, advantage to paying up front for six months. The fee is added to my credit card account monthly and you then receive an email from TG that they have charged your account. In my mind, the question as to whether or not you should join is a no-brainer. The benefits I enjoy with this site are well worth every penny. I'm sure you won't regret it. Good luck.

BigBear

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

cestmike001 wrote:
I just had a few things on my mind...I really want to do this, but some things are holding me back I guess. Can anyone explain a little more how the month to month pay option works? You give a credit card number and it's taken directly from there a certain day every month? Also, has anyone chosen to do the $119 for the 6 months option? I'm wondering if paying this up front is better than worrying about the money being taken out every month.

Sorry to talk only about the money; I do think this is a great site and a wonderful way to learn guitar.

Thanks for any advice.
Mike- These are all valid concerns. Jay explained how it works exactly. I have been a TARGET member for almost 6 months now and I can tell you it is the single best investment I've ever made in my personal enjoyment of the guitar. My playing level has skyrocketed after decades of stagnation.

It's really hard to tell someone about how good this program is without sounding like a shill for these guys. I guess I don't care. If you are serious about learning the guitar there is no better site on the internet than this one. Twenty bucks a month doesn't even cover the cost of a good guitar teacher for 15 minutes!

The one thing Jay didn't mention is there is no commitment to belonging to TARGET. You can drop out any time just by sending them a support request to cancel. As long as I can afford it I will belong to this site forever! It's that good.

So come on over and join the party! Cheers! :cheer:

RicksPick

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am

Hi Mike

Welcome
Just as jay put It's just like any direct debit you might pay ie: gas,electricity bill,
How you pay is up to you and your finances, if you join for only 1 month subscription then you can cancel if its not for you, no problems
Which I can comfortably say once in and you can see whats available there's no going back. And don't forget this is being offered at a cheep rate at the moment,
Yes they keep threatening to close the Target program, It will happen someday And I would hate i if I had missed the Target train.

As for if it is worth it, I think everyone thinks its the bargain of the year
My subscription will be for the next 10 years at least
I hope to see you on the other side soon. :silly:

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:43 am

Hi Mike and welcome. I signed up for 1 month and was so bowled over, next month I signed for 6. Either way it's no bother and the best deal I ever did on anything!
(I told Neil that $19.95 is a steel and I'd have paid $20! :lol: )
Chris

jayswett

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:50 am

RicksPick wrote:
[quote]Hi Mike

Yes they keep threatening to close the Target program
RicksPick[/quote

When you say "close the Target program", do you mean close it down completely, or just close it to new members? Good Lord, I hope you mean the latter and not the former. I haven't heard about closing of anything.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:51 am

he means close it as an offer. We all become founding members and I guess the newbees pay a little more for snoozing and loosing ;-)

cestmike001

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks for all the great advice and info! I'm been completely impressed and bowled over by the free videos. I've learned so much just using them. I'm probably get to get signed up soon, and as another user put it, see you guys on the other side as a real TG member.

Mike

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 am

... my tip: sign up now!

BigBear

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Neil has always said that there was a limit on how many students he could accept into the program. At that point he would cap the program. It's become apparent that the maximum number of students in the program may be quite large. They've been threatening to close the program for months, or change the monthly to a higher fee and then grandfather in all us original members.

I don't really care. I'm in, so the rest of you are on your own!!! LOL! :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic