Heat and Light

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:19 pm

The heat may be perceived as coming from what may be considered negative input, but I offer it with good intentions an light which I hope come from specific suggestion I feel may merit consideration.
As mentioned on a previous post about Keeping it Simple it though it only fair that I offer some input about the site. Please bear with me.

In general I feel the site, especially the forum is populated. Some consolidated and elimination would streamline things.

For instance the "GENERAL INTREST" section with it (8) separate forums could be completely illuminated, except for the FOR SALE and OFF TOPIC forums, which could logically fall under the main "Totally Guitar Forum".
Make each one a sub topic and contributor could post off topic issues as they please , and for sale items as they need. Forum readers could shop and comment all under one roof , or two roofs in this case. (ie Off Topic forum and For Sale forum ) without having to leave the main Forum..

Even the Band forum could be eliminated. If foks wanted to talk about a band, just use it as a topic title and be done with it.

A quick check of the number of items posted give a good reading of how popular or necessary a forum is to members.

Offered with humility and with great appreciation for Neil and all the folk here.
As often stated and here and I concur, there is no better guitar site on the net.

Regards
Jack

TGMatt

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey thx mate..

we have a thread on the forums called call out for forum topics..

I will be working on a completely new and upgraded forum with the team next few days on, and we will be introducing a whol ebunch of new and re-organized categories., and some special guests...

so pop over to the thread and add whatver you see fit and it will all be taken into consideration..Chasplaya has volunteered to summarize it regularly ..

Thx again

jayswett

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Yes. This is truly an amazing website. My resumption of guitar playing corresponded almost perfectly with the initiation of this site. Very lucky for me, and I thank those who make this site what it is.

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Sounds like TARGET is about to get another member..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic