Two Suggestions (requests)

Feel free to get outside the box here.
helloworld

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:30 am

Hi,

I'd like to start out by saying I love the site and the lessons. This is by far the best guitar site I've come across. With that being said, there are two things I think of often that can improve the site and the lessons.

1. Certain songs/artists, not in menu:
every time I want to go back to a Green Day lesson I have to search for it using the sites' search function, or I have to go back to a newsletter in my email inbox and click a link. I can't find Green Day in the Target Songs & Artists menu, nor in any of the other menus. It appears as if certain parts of the site are not updated in the navigation menus. Please let me know if they are there and I've overlooked them somehow.

2. Fret Indicator Dots on Neil's Guitar: Neil's lessons are by far the best I've seen online, but I often find myself having to pause the video and count the frets to figure out where his hand is. I know he'll say what fret he's on at some point in the video, but that may have been several minutes back, or it may be coming up later. It'd be nice if Neil played on a guitar that had fret indicator dots on his guitar. I'm referring to the guitars that have one dot on the 5th, 7th, and 9th frets, and then two dot's on the 12th.

I know Neil isn't likely to stop playing his favorite guitar, but I wanted to point this out in case anyone else was having a hard time determining which fret he's playing at like me. It's pretty easy to tell where he is when he's at the top of the fretboard, but as he gets further down the neck, it becomes a little harder.

TGJIM

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:45 am

Hi,

On point 1:

To find songs you can use the Master Menu button in the button bar up top on every screen towards the right. If you press Ctrl + F on your keyboard or edit > Find in your browser you can search on song title. Keep in mind the column order goes free, TARGET, Pay Per Lesson from left to right. The master menu is kept up to date except for lessons within the last 24 hours. There is a day lag sometimes in getting new content on there.

Hope that helps. We are working on improving the efficiency of finding songs. Appreciate the feedback.

helloworld

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:18 pm

That does help, thank you. I will use the master menu from now on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic