What tuning is this??

Feel free to get outside the box here.
stormbikes

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Could this be in Dropped D tuning do you think?? I would love to try and learn to
play this

wrench

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:47 pm

I think double drop D.

His fingering for the G chord is drop D, but it sounds to me like the e is also dropped. There's a tuner on the headstock, which implies some twisting of pegs.

karl01

Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Looks like droped d the d cord looked like open d but it sounds like a open tuning perhaps if not d it might open G.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:10 am

Good idea stormbike you got a fast answer on that. I've had this video up on The Justin Hayward Group for weeks and gotton no joy: Can anyone tell what the tuning is on these two beautiful songs Who Are You Now and Never Come the Day (2 different guitars).

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:05 am

stormbikes wrote:

Could this be in Dropped D tuning do you think?? I would love to try and learn to
play this
Not sure about the tuning (probably double drop d like wrench said). I like John Corabi. He did some work with a band called "The Scream" and they had a song called "Father, Mother, Son" that was a really nice tune. It was played with the entire guitar tuned down a half step. I have it posted in the video section if you feel like checking it out. He is a very good guitarist.

MJ

:laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic