What is TARGET?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
glenn10

Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 am

I guess I'm confused. From what I've seen here isn't TARGET just video lessons? What's this "secret formula" that is mentioned in the "What is TARGET" section?

jayswett

Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:30 am

I don't know anything about a "secret formula", but Target is more than just video lessons, although these are certainly an important aspect of it. Other features include biweekly simultaneous webcasting, features for uploading your own videos for analysis and review, and an online community of support. As for the video lessons, these include beginner, intermediate and advanced tips and lessons, as well as in depth analysis, breakdown, and tutorial of 70 or 80 songs (maybe more, actually, with additional songs added weekly). Upcoming features will include complete lessons on music theory which is something I await eagerly.

My suggestion is this: join for a month. If you don't like it, cancel your membership, and I'll personally send you a twenty dollar bill. I'm actually serious about this, and I have no connection with TotallyGuitars other than being a Target Member. For what it's worth, I hesitated mightily before joining, but am very glad I did.

BigBear

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:35 pm

From the "What is TARGET" page:

"NO ONE learns to play or master the guitar without this formula."

BigBear

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Jay gives an excellent description of the TARGET program. I'd like to add that there is a huge difference between TG (free stuff) and TARGET. The You Tube and Campfire songs are really just learning the song. TARGET is learning how to play the song with left and right hand breakdowns, slow speed, the theory behind the song and what keys to play it in etc.

Absolutely the best intruction and training I have found on the net. This is my 7th month as a paying member (I think!) and it is the best money I've ever spent on guitar training. For $20 I can't even buy a half hour of private lessons here locally. Plus I love the choice of songs, all of which are used to demonstrate a new new technique or something we actually need to learn.

I hope you decide to join us. They are talking now about closing the program within a couple of weeks. It's getting pretty big as its popularity explodes.

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic