Audio Store, revisited...

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Jimmer

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:41 pm

I love the fact the Neil's stuff is available as full-length CDs... but I was wondering if it might be possible to ALSO offer the individual MP3s, as well as the MP3s for the songs in the Target List...?

If I want to learn Harvest, for example, sending me to Amazon allows me to get the CD, but I might not be interested in the other 10-12 songs on the CD - but just want to concentrate on that one.

What say? Possible?

> Jimmer

TGJIM

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi,

We have some more plans along the lines of what you mention but will also add some of your requests from this in there as well. No time line though as we are currently working through a lot of projects in the background. Appreciate your suggestions!

Thanks,
Big Jim

jayswett

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 pm

You could use itunes to get nearly any song you desire for something like a dollar per song. It's incredibly easy, and you can purchase individual songs, or entire CD's. If you don't already have itunes on your computer, you can download it for free at www.itunes.com. I have it on all of my computers at home, all of which use windows as the operating system.

Jimmer

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 am

Hi Jay, I know that we could individually go to our favorite places and download/pay for what we want, but in the spirit of providing the Amazon link as a 'quick order resource' (almost an impulse buy enabler... LOL) was just wondering if they could provide the same easy link for individual songs.

To be honest, if they do, I rather suspect they'll use ITunes, but personally, I hope they don't. As much as some people like ITunes, I'd prefer a way of collecting a more portable and generic MP3 that I can move freely between my computers and players without having to deal with the ITunes interface. Just my preference...

> Jimmer

AndyT

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:45 am

I do not like iTunes either. It is far too restrictive on what I can do with something I purchased. I much prefer the Amazon single mp3 purchase.

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 am

Guys:

I don't like that part of Itunes either, but if you create a playlist with purchased songs and burn a cd and then re-import that cd, you can then get whatever file type you want or prefer. I have done this with many songs that I wanted to have in mp3 format for use in my MicroBR. Kind of a hassle, but worth it to get the correct file type for your needs. Course if you can just purchase them in mp3 format at Amazon, that would save time and money on cd's...... So.......

MJ

:huh:

TGMatt

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Jimmer wrote:
[quote]Hi Jay, I know that we could individually go to our favorite places and download/pay for what we want, but in the spirit of providing the Amazon link as a 'quick order resource' (almost an impulse buy enabler... LOL) was just wondering if they could provide the same easy link for individual songs.

To be honest, if they do, I rather suspect they'll use ITunes, but personally, I hope they don't. As much as some people like ITunes, I'd prefer a way of collecting a more portable and generic MP3 that I can move freely between my computers and players without having to deal with the ITunes interface. Just my preference...

> Jimmer

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:02 pm

TGMatt wrote:
[quote]Jimmer wrote:
[quote]Hi Jay, I know that we could individually go to our favorite places and download/pay for what we want, but in the spirit of providing the Amazon link as a 'quick order resource' (almost an impulse buy enabler... LOL) was just wondering if they could provide the same easy link for individual songs.

> Jimmer

AndyT

Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Amazon sells the singles. Just look around a bit.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 pm

AndyT wrote:
Amazon sells the singles. Just look around a bit.
Yeah but the links take you to the Album the song features on,I think thats whats being commented on. I don't know if they can link direct to the single but that would be easier.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic