AWESOME Neil Hogan/Keola Beamer Concert

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Fred

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:16 am

Need to chime in...I was there and it was a great show. First time I had seen Neil perform and all I can say is wow! Great tunes ("Papa's Guitar" - with a wonderful story of how the tune came to be and a "cameo" appearance via cell phone from Neil's daughter, Rebecca, "Jetstream", "Here comes the Sun" and wrapped up with "Pipeline/Walk Don't Run") just to name a few and he made it look effortless with a great stage presence mixing stories with the music.

I was unfamiliar with Keola Beamer, but he was masterful. After Keola’s set, Keola invited Neil out for some duets which were definitely highlight – they made great music while having fun and keeping the audience thoroughly entertained.

Hopefully the video comes out soon - I did not see cameras going during Keola’s portion so this may not on the released version, however, Neil’s set will a must see for the TG community!

Cheers all.
Fred

AndyT

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:51 am

Great news Fred! I'm looking forward to the video.

TGBob

Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:24 am

DITTO! great concert neil. need to get you and keola together and record a duet CD...

ps the very end of the concert was pleasantly unique

jayswett

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:41 am

Can't wait to see this video. Also looking forward to TG live this weekend.

haoli25

Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:20 pm

reiver wrote:
AndyT wrote:
I already asked Neil for this one. Glad he's been working on it as that means it will be fresh in his mind for the lesson!

I hope Neil does add this song to the TARGET program. It is in Drop D tuning and is fairly easy to play. The left hand does very little, so it's a good workout for the right hand. :)

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic