AWESOME Neil Hogan/Keola Beamer Concert

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Larry

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Last nite was the best!

Neil has always been an accomplished live performer. This year his set showed a new sophistication. While he can play pieces all night that feature his particular brand of fireworks and prowess, this year he mixed in some new works that while simpler, show a new level of oh-so-much feeling. I particularly liked the song set in Molokaʻi (we should get him to put that up as a lesson)

He mixed his songs with fun songs like "Here Comes the Sun" (in G tuning -- we have to learn that), a Steve Howe killer Yes song, "Linux and Lucy" (don't know the tuning) and he ended with a medly of "Walk Don't Run/Pipeline."

He had a nice bit with "My Father's Guitar" where he talked live to his daughter Rebecca at school in Hawaii.

It was recorded so you'll see it soon.

Together with Keola, who is also great, it was a maximum feel good evening. I'm still smiling as I write this :)

Larry

BigBear

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:47 pm

I absolutely can't wait for the videos! Thanks for the review Larry! You lucky person!

Cheers! :cheer:

willem

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Larry, glad to join your happiness with us about the concert, now we are impatiens to the record....................thanks,,

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:51 pm

"what a lucky man he was..." Hey thanks Larry, great to hear about the concert and great that you were there. Really look forward to the vid! ;-)

AndyT

Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Linus and Lucy is a popular jazz piano piece written by Vince Guaraldi appearing in many of the Peanuts animated television specials. Named for the fictional siblings Linus and Lucy van Pelt, it was released in 1964 on the Vince Guaraldi Trio's album Jazz Impressions of a Boy Named Charlie Brown. A Charlie Brown Christmas introduced the song to a television audience of millions of children beginning in 1965. Since that special, the song has introduced most of the Peanuts TV specials, with the exceptions of the specials and other TV programs produced between 1979 and 1992. (From Wiki)

I always loved this tune. Especially since Snoopy was doing his Happy dance to it. LOL
I already asked Neil for this one. Glad he's been working on it as that means it will be fresh in his mind for the lesson!

Is the Molokai'i song online anywhere? I think I know it, but not sure...

My main man (dog) Snoopy on the gitbox!

bobk35

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Andy,

Was that a veiled seq way into Christmas songs? Tell the "Big Kahuna" we need time to practice. ;)

bobk

AndyT

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Neil is more Hawaiian than some Hawaiians I know! For sure he has more aloha shirts!

Neil said that he wanted to get Christmas songs out in November so we would have time to work on them. Lets see what comes out this week.

haoli25

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Did someone say CHRISTMAS????? :laugh: Image

reiver

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:55 pm

AndyT wrote:
I already asked Neil for this one. Glad he's been working on it as that means it will be fresh in his mind for the lesson!
Andy

It seems straightforward. Just do this............ :S

AndyT

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:19 pm

That's not Neil. Its his twin brother Sam. You can tell by the shirt. No Aloha, No Neil. Where's the TAB? The HD videos? The left and right hand breakdowns? Must not be Neil. Gotta be Sam.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic