Whats up with the Advertisements?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
quincy451

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

Yea when I started seeing ads where I didn't expect them I started running hijackthis, adware scans, virus scans etc.

Now at least I know that was not necessary.

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:33 pm

So...... amongst all this wonderful banter we are having here, did any notice that we got another Acoustic Genius post today!

Beer anyone??????? Image

heyjoe

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Yeah, I did MJ, trouble is, I'm still working on part 2, still have my homework to do!

I've had a quick look at some of part 3, but I think I'll leave part 4 till later, need to get to work on part 2 first, and the songs I'm working on, and timing, etc etc, I could do with another pair of hands!

Hope you're enjoying it too

Joe

suziko

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm still on Part 2 as well. I figure there's no point to moving on until I've mastered the information in part two, and I'm still a ways from that, unfortunately. Still, I'm excited that the information is there and look forward to the time when I am ready to jump into it!

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Also, if there is going to be advertising, and we can have input, then let's name items that we think have been helpful to us in our guitar travels....

I for one would recommend:

1. BOSS MicroBR
2. Tom Anderson Guitars
3. Martin Guitars
4. Taylor Guitars
5. Guitar Pro (already up)

All of these are wonderful items. Granted, most people know of them already, but at least they are legit. Now that being said, I have to openly admit that I have no idea how TG goes about placing the ads and how they earn revenue from them......

:)

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:44 pm

heyjoe wrote:
Yeah, I did MJ, trouble is, I'm still working on part 2, still have my homework to do!

I've had a quick look at some of part 3, but I think I'll leave part 4 till later, need to get to work on part 2 first, and the songs I'm working on, and timing, etc etc, I could do with another pair of hands!

Hope you're enjoying it too

Joe
Joe and Suzi:

you are so right, and that falls indirectly into some of the comments above. We keep getting fresh lessons, so let us focus on that instead of any little things that may never happen.

I can complain all I want, as I have mastered everything on this site!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt: Sorry for the griping session and thanks for the new material....

Cheers!

MJ Image

TGMatt

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey no need to apologise..

I wish I coulda got ahead of the curve and posted what was coming before the programmer put them up and unformatted..so until tommorow we are stuck with this format ..

Certainly were not perfect here..its such a fine balance..we get people who want to get behind free speech, but only what they want to discuss..we get folks who support us unconditionally because time and again we prove what we are doing is great for all the members.

We also get people who want to comment in a way that is offensive and or sarcastically framed ...and I am an easy target.

I think anyone who really thinks for a moment that I dont pay attention to all comments is off base..I dont always agree, but thats my perogative..I do encourage them, their have been some excellent thoughts here..unfortunately hidden amongst a small smattering of off colour comments and inferences..

Were not perfect, Im definately not perfect, but I will always be open to a well constructed thought process...

And we have had a a couple of incidences in the past that placed me in a very difficult position..allow people to contineu uncensored ?..censor some not others ?..censor myself ??...its actually quite a fine line..the only path I see is the one that creates and breeds the least amount of angst ..

This is the one that focuses on what we have (ie being grateful for all we have from health to family etc), to focusing on what we have here, what we would like to see , and maybe what we would like to see added changed or modified but in a positively framed way..

And most importantly of all ....Focus on the music ...not Judging others..I am repeating this mantra as I type for myself as much as anyone else..

I hope you all love the new theory lessons..we have some really nice things coming so keep eyes peeled this week and next..

The formatting issues should be resolved tommorow

Cheers all

Matt

jim56

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:07 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Hey all

My guys jumped the gun and got the ad blocks up as blanks and not formatted right , before I could announce them, but oh well...

Matt
Matt, My apology for posting this subject. It was truly a surprise to have my screen reduced by 1/4 this early AM. All I really intended was to get your reply about the new feature. Unfortunately, the panic set in before you had the opportunity to respond. You, Neil and the rest of the staff stand head and shoulders above the competition. I will continue my efforts in advertising TG. Thanks for a quality site. -Jim

jayswett

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Looks like this turned into a heated topic today, for understandable reasons on both sides. Several comments:

1) 20 dollars a month is a very low monthly fee for what this site provides. It't not chump change, but it's certainly a very reasonable fee.
2) the content has improved every single week, and ads or not, there is no reason to expect that to change
3) I have no idea how much money Neil, Matt and the others make on this site, but I hope it's a ton, because they deserve it.

haoli25

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Ditto Jay

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic