Playing even without the Guitar

Feel free to get outside the box here.
leeson

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:32 pm

I went camping in Big Bend National Park last week and couldn't bring my guitar along. I have been working on Guitar Genius part 2. So, as we were hiking or driving and there was a down moment in the conversation I just started visualizing the first 5 frets and would finger the major scales. "What are you thinking about dear?" "oh, not much, just the E major scale on the first 5 frets forward and backward". :lol:
When I got home, my guitar playing had improved even though I was without it for a week (gasp!). Try it. You'll never be bored again.

Bill

Lavallee

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 pm

That is very true Leeson, I drove a lot last week and now I remember all my notes up to the 5th fret. Good golfers also visualize. Maybe we finally understand something. :)

Marc

haoli25

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Excellent tip Leeson. Thanks for sharing that one! :)

Bill

dustystrings

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Yep, I do this. I work out a lot of left hand timing and positions while riding with someone. I don't get much better playing air guitar though :P .

Funny thing, even the most awkward and longest stretches are easy. Once I finally have my guitar in my hands it isn't the same, but it comes to me quickly.

My wife has given me the "WTF?" look many times. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic