How to upload videos

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dennisg

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:41 am

I've been all over over this site, and I can't seem to find the answer to this question: how do we go about uploading videos? If that's already been explained, please direct me to where the explanation is. If not, could you please provide step by step instructions? Thanks in advance.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Music Junkie

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:52 am

Dennis:

I think you just need to go to the Youtube site for student reviews, and then post there. Once you post there, copy and paste the link in a post here at the site....

Hope that helps.

MJ

dennisg

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks, MJ. I was interested in knowing how I go about uploading specifically to the Target Student Videos.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

reiver

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:54 am

Dennis

Click on the Categories tab at the top of your page - scroll down to the TARGET members only section - click on the Upload Videos for review category, there's a demo video.

r

dennisg

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:56 am

Excellent, Reiver. Thanks very much.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

BigBear

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:10 am

Dennis- If you are still stumped after all that, send a PM to Acoustic Al. He's our resident video guru and has several excellent posts on this site.

Cheers! :cheer:

dennisg

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks, Bear. And a karma point to you and the other kind folks who responded.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

tovo

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:26 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum?fun ... 85&id=9805

If you didn't already find it mate here is the link.

goldleaf

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 pm

dennisg wrote:
Thanks, Bear. And a karma point to you and the other kind folks who responded.

- Dennis (in Seattle)
Dennis, I managed to download 1 video but it was not easy. I listened to the video but it seemed to have options that my screen didn't show. Basically you need to sign in to YouTube with a "name" and "password" we were all supposed to be sent by e-mail. You can locate them other places also on the TG site. After signing on to YouTube with the TG info, you click on upload and it will take you to your computer for you to select the song you want uploaded. It took about "25 minutes" for mine to upload. I don't know if this is normal or if it is my equipment is slow. After it uploads, you click on it and it will play. You can see the URL at that point. Copy that URL and go to TG and paste it where you want, Student Video or regular "guitar forum", when you click on submit it will show a picture and arrow for others to click on to hear and see your video. Gary BTW I had a very frustrating time trying to figure out how to do it the first time.

dennisg

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Tovo, I very much appreciate the link.

Gary, thanks for the info. I noticed that the sign-in info is in the forum in Neil's post about how to upload.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic