can I make a suggestion ?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
powneg

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi Neil,
I,m about 24 handicap I think (maybe worse!my golf is much, much better) I think that your lessons are great and I feel that I,m learning well and am presently engaged with Fleetwood Mac,s Never going back again. I just thought that it would be of a great help when watching the left hand part of the song and hearing it, to similtaniously somehow highlight the strings being struck by the right hand as I find myself eagerly looking at the strings to try and find out which ones have been hit and are vibrating, as to a relative beginner like me it would bring together the right and left hands rather than separate them. I,m struggling currently with a latter part of the song and can,t work it out quite. I,m sure that it,s dead straight forwards but perhaps my suggestion would help ease my (and maybe other,s) confusion at times. Many Thanks for your time and great work. John ([email protected])

AndyT

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm not sure string animation is in Matts budget...

powneg

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Not quite sure what you mean but my point is that the TAB is always very helpfull and this would act like a sort of in play visual TAB help when watching a teaching video.

AndyT

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Ok, having tab on screen while Neil is teaching would be a nice added touch.

What I got from your post above is that you wanted some kind of animation on the guitar strings so you know which ones are being played when the left hand is being shown.

AndyT

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:47 pm

And by the way....

Welcome to the forum! If you can, please go to the Introduce yourself section of the forum and give us a bit about yourself. Thanks!

powneg

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Yes that,s what I had in mind, not neccessarily a written tab but as you say, an animated one, say perhaps a colour scheme relating to which finger or thumb hits whilst seeing and hearing the lesson in either slow or real time, just something along those lines I think could help a hacker like me. I,ll fill my details in above as you said. John

powneg

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Thinking about it a bit more, how about, when showing the left hand positions , show simultaniously the striking of the strings represented by a coloured circle covering that string with a number on it e.g thumb-black 1. index finger- yellow 2, ring finger -red 4 etc. Something like that. I think that it would take a lot of the guess work and neccesary explanation out of the procedure of learning to play a song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic