Founding Members Benefits

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Forum folks,
Still a few questions about membership if you please.
1. Am I right in assuming membership is no longer 20 dollars a month?
2. Will those who join after the price increase still be considered "founding members"?
3. If it so happens that there will be, at some pointa distinction made between founding members, will there be additional benifits to the founding members over members who join later?
4.If so what extras might founding members enjoy?

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:54 pm

frybaby:

I know that monthly costs will go up, IF they even let new people join. I thought I read a post by Matt that said they were closing it for ANY new members for a while. I can't speak for the TG crew, but I do know that they ask a ton of questions and answer a ton of questions and continually strive to make this site a better place for us to learn. I don't really know what determines a "Founding Member". I joined up on the first or second day of the "Target Program", but the free site was around for a few months before I stumbled upon it. So, I don't know whether or not I would be considered a founding member or not....

I hope that if you are on the fence, that you take the leap before they actually do put the clamps on. For $20.00, it is a small price to pay to see what you think. If you decide you don't like it, you can always cancel your membership. Many have taken that chance and then found that is was great and have decided to stick around.

Hope you join!

MJ

goldleaf

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:01 pm

I have no direct knowledge but I could guess. One difference MIGHT be that after the Founding Member option closes, anyone can join for, say $30 per month w/ the possibility of monthly charge increases at any time. For example the monthly price could go up to $40 monthly after 12 months. Those who want to pay that much could join if not TG has plenty of members to keep things going (hopefully) at a profit. This is just one possibility and it is totally a guess on my part. TG could decide they have all the members they can handle and NO new memberships will be taken. If I had not joined yet that's how I would look at it.

I forgot your first question about membership at $20 being closed? I believe it is open for the rest of this December 2009, I could be wrong since I have no input regarding when the monthly price will change. So if you want to join at $20 monthly I think you still have a few days to join. I hope I'm correct on this, but you can find out very easily. I agree with MJ that $20 is a pretty reasonable price to pay, especially since you can cancel the next month, not much of a commitment required. Gary

AndyT

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:11 pm

I'm sure Matt will jump in here but I think he said no more monthly memberships. But he would let you in at the 6 month or 1 year price because you have been a free member for some time now.

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Last I checked, I you could only sign up now in 6 or 12 month blocks-- no month to month offered anymore. I think it worked out to about $25 a month (but don't quote me on that:)

jayswett

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Even if it did work out to 25 bucks a month, it's still a ridiculous bargain, given the content here. No doubt all the current members woudl agree. I hope you can still join, for your sake.

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:22 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Last I checked, I you could only sign up now in 6 or 12 month blocks-- no month to month offered anymore. I think it worked out to about $25 a month (but don't quote me on that:)
Al:

That sounds right, but I would not want to be quoted either. I can't remember where the thread is either.....my old age is setting in!

TGMatt

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Founding memberships have closed...

We ran a lengthy campaign to encourage you in every way we could to join, we mentioned it every time we were live and many many times via email, forum, etc etc..and we ran a 2 hour live show and then put a copy of that up on the site and left it open for two extra days to give every last person a chance...so unfortunately we are no longer accepting monthly memberships that was closed off on the 18th ...

The main benefits for founders were cost orientated...

The ability to pay monthly ...

The price was as low as it will ever get...

In the future founders may get some other suprises for supporting and staying with us...but that is is it for now..

In summary you can now only join at 6 or 12 months - their is no month to month option ...

the price has already been increased as well...all though for you FRY BABY I have indicated to hold the old 6 or 12 month pricing as I recognize you as an early forum contributor..

For that discount please mention in a ticket to support you user name etc..and a mention of this thread..

Hope that helps..

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Matt! We knew you would get to us here.... Hope you had a great Christmas my friend!

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic