Hit a snag using Firefox to follow TARGET lessons:HELP needed.

Feel free to get outside the box here.
haoli25

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:13 pm

I've run IT organizations for several of the top 100 businesses for 20 years. I've fixed a pc or two too. I'm not trying to start a pissing match, but this is what I do.

Good luck to you. I hope you find a resolution to your problem quickly.

I'm just going back to playing the guitar now.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Wan and Andy: You guys have been great running to the rescue (remember Monty P's Bicycle Repairman sketch?) and I really appreciate your giving of time and expertise. Chas has tried things out and so far got nowhere, so we are waiting on Firefox's answer before progressing. If we get no joy there, we'll try everything else you have suggested too. In the mean time, maybe we can get you guys into nice clean wrestling match to establish PC Repairman superiority? WILD WANDOCTOR Vs GOD'S BONE CRUSHER?
;-)

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Nah, it's all good. I think Andy was probably feeling about the same way I was on my end of the PC. No one knows anyone else's capabilities on the other side of the internet. I didn't know his, he didn't know mine.

If I stepped on any toes or hurt any feelings, I sincerely apologize.

...and really, I'm now sitting here typing with my guitar in my lap. I'm off to learn something new.

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Yep. About the same here Doc. And if I hurt any feelings, I'm sorry about it as well.

Chris,

Like Doc says, its hard to know when someone knows what they're doing in IT and frankly certifications don't really help much. So, you develop a suspicious nature when someone comes along offering free IT advice. Just the nature of the beast. Another reason I left the business.

And I don't think we need a wrestling match. With my blown rotator cuff, he's a sure bet to win. LOL

OFF to the practice fields!

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:13 pm

....spoken like true gentlemen!

The pizzas and beer are on me :-)

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:51 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
First off Chas, Happy New 2010 mate! Good on ya and wish you and the family all the best!
Yeah, it really sucks! Let's hope we get some change out of Mozilla on this.
Chris and anyone else having the same issue described in this thread. After being pretty frustrated I went off on a mission today to solve this problem. It may not be the Flash player as everyone else has alluded to, that was an issue in the past but not so much now. What I discovered was that Real Player can give these problems. So I went to Tools/Add-ons/Extensions (all from the Firefox menu bar) disabled Real Player Record and all works well ... For the moment.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 pm

YES! YES! Chas, you are the hero of the day. It WORKS!
Good on ya mate.... owe you a beer or 10!

Disabling the real player add on does the trick!
YEEEEEEEHA!

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Yep you don't need to uninstall real Player just the Download and Record plug in. man has this been frustrating, I got loads of 'advice' from the Firefox forum but nada!! So I just went trial and error with all the extensions plugins and GOT LUCKY!!!!

AndyT

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Well, that explains why I never had any trouble then. I don't have RealPlayer installed.
I'm really glad you got it figured out Chas. And so is Chris! :laugh:

haoli25

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:33 pm

I know several 'computer geeks' and they all say that you should not disable REALPLAYER, but remove it from your computer completely. It is nothing but a source to constantly load adware and spyware into your computer.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic