Hit a snag using Firefox to follow TARGET lessons:HELP needed.

Feel free to get outside the box here.
neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:53 am

I feel for you Chris. What about a total deletion and re-install of firefox?

I also found this link-- don't know if anything in there will help you:

kb.mozillazine.org/Video_or_audio_doesn%27t_play
Right now, I'm using Explorer.... it's so slow, I'll have to shoot myself if this is the only way I can view TG!! Get me back to Firefox NOW! :(

I'll check out your link Al, then I'm looking up the CEO of Mozilla and I'm calling him at his New Year's eve party to get my browswer fixed!

wiley

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:17 am

I'm back to playing guitars now. Leaving my work at work

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:43 am

Chris:

When I open Firefox and click on Add-ons and then choose the option at the top right for Plug-ins, I have the following flash player installed and running:

Shockwave Flash 10.0.32.18
Shockwave Flash 10.0r32

See what version is currently running for you and if it is different, search for this version. It works fine for me.

I really hope you get it figured out soon, cause using IE is just not fun....

MJ

Lavallee

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:03 am

I have the same version of shockwave in Firefox and it works fine. However I mainly use IE 8 (by habit) and do not have any problems what so ever. By curiosity, what problems do you have with IE MJ and Chris, what version of IE are you using as it is strange that IE would be slower than Firefox. I will also use the one that works best, of course but I do not see any preformance advantage of one over the other and my internet is quick all the time. Are you allowing for automatic updates of your browsers?

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 am

Hey guys, many thanks for spending some of the last valuable moments of 2009 on my problems! Really appreciate it! It is so frustrating to have your browser suddenly not work right... probably after an update... and not be able to fix it easily. I've tried Al suggestion (Not deleting the browser though). I do have Flash installed, newest version and it does work on the initial video and every other vid on the net, just not on the subsequent videos of the lessons. Makes no sense at all. I got partly in to Wan's suggestion (thank you very much Wan!) but it started to get confusing... what ever I do I end up in a blind alley and the f***er doesn't work.
Marc, IE works but is so damn slow, much, much slower than Firefox and I don't know it well and don't like the usability at all. I'll check with Chas as he has the same problem and see if we can sort it.

So Happy New Year guys! Maybe everything magically woks in 2010!

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:35 am

Lavallee wrote:
I have the same version of shockwave in Firefox and it works fine. However I mainly use IE 8 (by habit) and do not have any problems what so ever. By curiosity, what problems do you have with IE MJ and Chris, what version of IE are you using as it is strange that IE would be slower than Firefox. I will also use the one that works best, of course but I do not see any preformance advantage of one over the other and my internet is quick all the time. Are you allowing for automatic updates of your browsers?

Marc
Marc:

Only real problem, is pop-ups and viruses. Other than that, I just like the way Firefox is set up. It just makes more surfing sense to me. Can't speak for anyone else, but I like the available options and add-ons as well.

Mj

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 am

..... well, now nothing works on any of the TARGET lessons so F*** Firefox for this year! I'm off to crappy IE¨ :(

dennisg

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:56 am

Chris,

Rather than use a slow, crappy browser, try downloading Safari for Windows. You can find it at http://www.apple.com/safari/download . When you get there, click on the Safari for Windows link.

- Dennis

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:33 pm

dennisg wrote:
Chris,

Rather than use a slow, crappy browser, try downloading Safari for Windows. You can find it at http://www.apple.com/safari/download . When you get there, click on the Safari for Windows link.

- Dennis
@Dennis: I have used Safari once, and thought it was pretty good.

@Chris: Might be worth a try!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:16 pm

Yes, Dennis and MJ, that could be a solution.... just have to jump over my own shadow to actually give up on Firefox...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic