Hit a snag using Firefox to follow TARGET lessons:HELP needed.

Feel free to get outside the box here.
neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:04 pm

I've mentioned this problem before and I wonder if anyone else has had the same and can suggest a solution:
I'm using Firefox as my browser as I have been since I joined TG but since November I can't get proper access to the TARGET videos. I can get the initial video play through on a song but then cannot get anything else to pop up. My window just stays grey. :( Sometimes I get a grey window with the sound of the video playing in the background. If I reload it takes me back to the start video of the lesson. I checked in with Internet Explorer and I can access everything. I never use Explorer and don't want to change away from Firefox. I reckon the problem started after a Firefox update. Anyone help me solve this please? I'd be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

AndyT

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Easy fix.
When Firefox updates it sometimes 'breaks' the add-ons you have installed.

Click TOOLS, ADD-ONS and have it search for updates to your add-ons. That should fix it.

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 pm

I have just started getting this problem the 'easy fix' Andy suggested didn't...

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Chris:

I have been using Firefox since I started here at Target (getting so old, can't remember when that was). I have never had that problem. The only real issue I have (and it is not an issue so much as a inconvenience) is when I go to my profile and look at the recent activity on the right hand side of the screen, all the names are wrong on the actions. It will say something like "Music Junkie worte on neverfoundthetime's walls", when I did not. When I hit refresh it changes to the proper wording (sometimes have to hit refresh a few times to get it straightened out). The vids in Target all play fine though. I would just make sure you are up to date with the browser and, like Andy said, any and all add-ons you may have.

MJ

AndyT

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:16 pm

When the add-ons box opens up look at the top left of it and click on PLUGINS. Sorry... That's where the flash player is buried at.

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:17 pm

I should also add this issue doesn't just come up with Totally guitars, it happens on other sites as well. when I try to link to another page within the respective site it says done but itsa a blank screen. This is why its not a Totallyguitars issue and no ticket being submitted.

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Really does sound like the problem lies with the embedded flash player. Make sure you are current there in the plug-ins.....

MJ

TGMatt

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:13 am

i would gamble a lot on it being the flash player add on...

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 am

Many thanks Guys!
Andy:
I downloaded the newest version of Flash Player but nothing has changed. I the Tools, add ons, should I see Flash Player? Can't see it there.

MJ: I have the same problem with the activity column showing my name when it's not me.

The problem is now worse, can't even get the initial video of the lesson to play probperly... keep getting blank screen........
:(

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:57 am

I feel for you Chris. What about a total deletion and re-install of firefox?

I also found this link-- don't know if anything in there will help you:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Video_or_audio_doesn%27t_play

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic