Problems with your site on a mac

Feel free to get outside the box here.
gchapel

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:45 am

I have all kinds of problems with your Flow Player. I have purchased streaming songs and they are practically worthless to me using Safari on a mac.

I can't pause, I can't adjust the volume slider, I can't go full screen without it locking up the flow player and it reporting a streaming error.
Video constantly freezes and I can't build up a buffer to reduce the problems with streaming.

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:57 am

Gchapel - I'm sure that the TGteam will help you to resolve your problems quickly - assuming of course that you have submitted a technical service ticket, which is the most appropriate way to get your issue fixed.

I'm just writing to tell you that I have an imac (using snow leopard) and use safari. I don't have any problems streaming any of the videos, nor the TGlive sessions on ustream.

So I'm assuming that there will be a solution to your problem. Be patient, once you'd submitted your service ticket, the TG support team are fast to respond, as I understand it - I haven't had a problem thus far.

Good luck.

gchapel

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:40 am

Thanks Michelew.

I didn't realize that there was a separate support section. I probably should not have made the original post here.

I am curious about your imac working properly. I have three macs in the household and all of them have the same problem. One is a macpro using snow leopard, one is a macbookpro using leopard, and the other is a macbook using leopard.

Everything used to work fine a month or so ago but now I can no longer get video to go full screen, pause, or even adjust the sound using safari. If I click on any of the controls the Flow Player goes into neverland and displays a Streaming error file not found.

I can play the videos with the default settings but because of our slower internet connection, I used to pause the video and let the buffer build up so that I could play the video without stops/starts. Unfortunately I can no longer pause the video.

In Firefox the controls work, but the buffer never builds up, even when paused and when I play the video I get video freezes while the sound continues, then the video jumps ahead.

I'm surprised that your imac works well with the videos. I figured it was probably due to an update to safari or a change in the Totally Guitar site that messed everything up. I'm currently using Safari 4.0.4

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 am

I also use safari 4.0.4

I've just tested streaming and found the following:
- pausing - no problem
- buffering after pausing - OK - occasionally stopped and then started again - but fine
- full screen - no problem
- sound adjustment - no problem

Sometimes you need to leave it until the TG logo comes up in the right hand corner - the arrow spins for a little while - but if you leave it it is fine. I had a similar problem but worse initially but haven't had it for ages now.

So I don't know what is happening with your set up, but I suspect it may be your internet settings, which I can not help you with. I do have a fast internet, but I'm sure the TG team will be able to help you.

Hang in there and I hope your issues are resolved soon.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 am

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 1525 and Vista. I've just changed from Firefox to Explorer (ughhh!) to view the lessons as Firefox just wouldn't play the videos anymore and I'm having a similar problem with the flow player: "constantly freezes and I can't build up a buffer to reduce the problems with streaming."
I can't slide the player back as it just doesn't seem to buffer right. Volume control is no problem.
I'm having no issues anwhere else like youtube or whatever.
I'm assuming the problem is on my computer but I've had it for a year now and not had any issues at all, until now. I've tried some people's suggestions (on another thread) to repair but no luck yet, infact the situation is worse. :(

dennisg

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:40 am

gcchapel,

I'm on an iMac with only 1.5 GB of RAM, Safari 4.0.4, Snow Leopard. Absolutely no problems with any of the things you mentioned.

- Dennis

TGJIM

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:58 am

This has been resolved. If you continue to experience problems please contact support.

Thanks,
Big Jim

gchapel

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:11 pm

The problem was promptly fixed by support.

Apparently it was only affecting purchased song videos thats why some of you other mac users did not have the problem. It worked fine for target member videos but if you had tried to play a purchased song video you would have had the problem.

Thank you TG Support for the good work!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic